• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: New NS radio player

Share/Bookmark

New NS radio player

We've added a new radio player to our forum home page. The player is a showcase of music by users of northernsound.net/.com
    You can access users profile pages directly from the player.
    all songs on the radio player have been uploaded on Northernsounds.Net.

This new area is a powerful tool that can be used to promote yourself, share knowledge in an audio visual format and get constructive feedback from other users. Charts based on genre, producers and compositions allow you to know where you stand as far as user plays/download popularity. Other features include a radio station player which continuously streams the site’s top compositions and a TV channel that cycles through videos users have submitted. This is an area for you to showcase yourself or just kick back, relax and enjoy other users’ compositions.

Your user profile is totally customizable; you can change the look of your page to suit your personal taste. Upload pictures and videos to your gallery, upload your musical compositions and credit them in detail, add information about yourself, your projects and upcoming events.

This area is an evolution of the Power User Profile; in addition to personal profile information the area offers a data base driven engine that showcases all users in a purposeful and positive way. You are able to search by style, genre, name of composer or title of composition. The home page features top compositions, new composers and featured works.

In keeping with the NS spirit of “by the community, for the community” we are offering this service completely free of charge in the hopes that all users will share and help each other in the pursuit of excellence. This area is not replacing any of the existing features that make Northernsounds a great place to be; all that you love about NS is still there. This new area is meant to expand your options and enhance your experience.

Register a composer account here.

Enjoy!

Re: New NS radio player

Hi Mark and Dave,

When playing the radio, the second you click to read a thread, the radio turns off and is no longer available. Are you aware of this? I think it best that the radio is playing as your browse the entire forum.
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bela D Media View Post
    Hi Mark and Dave,

When playing the radio, the second you click to read a thread, the radio turns off and is no longer available. Are you aware of this? I think it best that the radio is playing as your browse the entire forum.
    That's because it's embedded Flash in the page. A simple solution would be to be able to open it in a small pop-up window.
    Anders Dahnielson

Ardour2, Qtractor, LinuxSampler, M-AUDIO Delta 1010, AKAI S2000, E-MU Proteus 2k, Roland JX-10, 4GB RAM Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2160 @ 1.80GHz Gentoo Linux 64 bit

Quote Originally Posted by Bela D Media View Post
    Hi Mark and Dave,

Yeah - I was going to comment on that as well. It's a great idea but it needs to be fixed so that it keeps playing while using the forum. Otherwise it's wasted.

Working on it pop up coming soon

Mark,

Why can't I get any RUSH songs on this thing?
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Quote Originally Posted by masimon View Post
    Working on it pop up coming soon
    Is there no workaround without a popup? Would be sweet.

Please make that pop-up optional! I HATE websites that use pop-ups, so I would like the option to turn it off for good (maybe in the user preferences with with a checkbox on the mainpage that saves a cookie)!
    Greetings from Vienna!
    Peter
    My website: Above the staff.net

Instead of using popups, perhaps frames could work? I know they are kind of passe these days but if you were to put the player up at the top or down at the bottom of the page in a frame and the rest of the site in another (and set the frame borders to 0, making the frame just big enough to hold the player) that should have the player move around the site with the person without it needing to be in a popup window.

The pop up is not automatic. You have to click on it. It's just a window which opens up so you can play the radio in the background while searching our pages at your choice.

Go Back to forum