• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Free Kore Player

Share/Bookmark

Free Kore Player

Native Instruments has offered a free Kore Player via download to their users via email.
    I have tried several times to download it but the download is always too slow. Ever tried downloading 304mb at 40kbs?

Anybody here experienced this? Is there anyone associated with NI monitoring this forum?
    Could you get us a CD for a nominal S&H charge? Or speed up the server?

Of course NI wants to sell additional material for the Player and it all sounds interesting.

Carl

Re: Free Kore Player

Same problem here. It's a new, free product, so their servers are probably just overloaded. Try again in a couple of days, that's what I'll do.

Martin

I tried off and on all weekend and never got through. Today, I finally got through and it tells me my special download link has expired. If its free, why not make it freely available, instead of going through the monitored email route? I know they're offering it free just to entice me to buy Kore Soundpacks. Although, I enjoy a great many things from NI, their servers and service need an upgrade.

Jeff

Patience, folks. The servers have been steaming ever since the release of KorePlayer.

The included sounds are not bad, but much oriented to not classical music, even the expansion packs are in that way. but is free, so, can be usefull sometimes.
    Marcelo Colina

Quote Originally Posted by carlmsmith View Post
    Ever tried downloading 304mb at 40kbs?
    That's quite a good connection for me. I have 8mb broadband, but something seems to limit my connection to a maximum of 56kbs, and usually less - probably the free modem I got with my account.

I bought the VI Concert Guitar last month, and spent the best part of two days downloading it - I even went as far as sleeping downstairs, and setting an alarm to go every two hours, so I could check whether one .rar had finished, and start another.

It took me several tries but finally happened. For a free player it is worth the wait! I am really looking forward to seeing what the future brings for this plug!

Peace

rikp

After many attempts to get a new DL link, today, it finally came through. I opened the link and started downloading immediately. 15 minutes later, it was up and running. It won't be my go to bank of sounds, but hey, the price is right. And its usable enough to justify its space on the harddrive.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
    I even went as far as sleeping downstairs, and setting an alarm to go every two hours, so I could check whether one .rar had finished, and start another.

Try this download manager
    Its free - accelerates the downloads - and allows you to cue .rars and much else. There are other brands, but I use this one.

NI just sent me an email saying they are now using high speed servers, so anyone who hasn't been able to download has a better shot at it now.

Carl

Go Back to forum