• Register
  • Help

Topic: User presets in KP2?

Share/Bookmark

User presets in KP2?

Having never needed to use this before, I just discovered a problem I can't seem to get around: I saved an EQ setting within the Kontakt player 2 (running GPO), but there seems to be no way to recall the nkp file I just saved!?!

The 'Pre' (for 'preset' I guess) button always says, "save preset. . . " without any other option to load a preset.

Am I missing anything? Or is this a KP2 bug?
    Oh yeah, I'm on a Mac, OS10.4.11, and this happens as stand alone or as a plug in.

Rob

Re: User presets in KP2?

Where did you save the preset to?

There isn't a load button, but when KP2 is initialized it looks in specific directories for presets. On Windows these are located within Program Files/Native Instruments/Kontakt Player 2/presets/effects/effectname/

I believe there is a second set of directories under the Documents and Settings (XP) or Users (Vista) folder, but can't recall it offhand.

I know you're mac-side, but perhaps this helps?

Best,
    Reegs

Make sure you have the correct Installation base path set in Options | Handling. On Windows it is by default C:\Program files\Native Instruments\Kontakt Player 2\ - something similar on Mac I presume. If this path is wrong KP2 won't find your presets.

Thank, but none of your suggestions seem to work. There is a folder path for saving user patches etc. /Kontakt Player 2/UserPatches/*** .
    There are three folders under what I marked as ***: EQ Settings, Instruments, and Multis. Seems like saving and loading a multi works fine, but no way to load the eq setting I saved.

Are any of you able to load an eq preset?

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by robh View Post
    Are any of you able to load an eq preset?
    Yes.
    Create subfolder C:\Program files\Native Instruments\Kontakt Player 2\filters\EQ\ when you save a preset. This is KP2's standard EQ folder on Windows. It should be something similar on Mac, I presume. C:\Program files\Native Instruments\Kontakt Player 2\ is the program installation directory.

Nickie,

You pointed me in the right direction.

I created the folder(s) as you said, but I had to then move it into a "presets" folder. Now the saved EQ settings show up!!

And thanks to Reegs too, I guess! Although I didn't pick up on it at first, you also had the correct info.

Thanks for your help!

Rob

I created the folder(s) as you said, but I had to then move it into a "presets" folder. Now the saved EQ settings show up!!
    My bad, sorry. I forgot \presets\

For others, who have the same problem, the correct path is
    C:\Program files\Native Instruments\Kontakt Player 2\presets\filters\EQ\

"My bad" !?! Said by someone in Denmark? You've been watching too much American TV!!

Rob

"My bad" !?! Said by someone in Denmark? You've been watching too much American TV!!

Rob
    That, or I've been spending too much time browsing this forum

Go Back to forum