• Register
  • Help

Topic: Curtis Institute of Music Audition

Curtis Institute of Music Audition

I am auditioning for Curtis as the title states. But I just wanted everyone to know that that is the reason for my extended absence from this forum. I will be auditioning on the 27th of this month. I fly from Jacksonville to Philly and back in one day. Hopefully it goes well. I am including in this post one etude that I just recorded so I can judge myself, etc. I will be posting the other audition material as time draws nearer, and I will be continuing this forum in the General Discussions. Thanks for all your moral support and all your encouragement in the past, (and in the future)!

Rochut/Bordogni Etude No. 1
    Yours Truly,
    May the Fourth Be With You

My demos:

Re: Curtis Institute of Music Audition

Best of Luck Benjamin.

I was just thinking of you and I saw your post!

Good luck Benjamin.

Curtis is an excellent school. You would do very well there. Your interpretation of the etude is very expressive and well-played.

If I may offer some advice, leave a good chunk of buffer time between your first flight and the audition. If it's possible, see if you can switch to a flight to Philly the night before and spend the night in a hotel. You'll be more rested and relaxed for your audition. Many bad things can happen, including airlines canceling flights for no apparent reason, and it is difficult and extremely stressful flying standby on a later flight when you have appointments to make.

Go for it, Ben, I'm sure you'll do just great!

Let us know how it goes!

My best,

Best of luck, Ben!!

Best of luck! We'll be rooting for you.
    Ron Pearl

West Seneca, NY

Thumbs up Re: Curtis Institute of Music Audition

I wish you all the luck in the world, Ben! I'm sure you will do just fine. Your post brings me back to my audition. You'll do just fine!

I agree with Reegs about getting in early. The institute is by Rittenhouse Square. If you need a hotel, I recommend the Latham Hotel:

It's at 18th and the corner of Rittenhouse Sq (NE corner). I hope you get in. It's a great school and fantastic location.

Good luck

Go Back to forum