• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Topic: Act 2 - Prelude

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Cool Act 2 - Prelude

    ACT 2 - "CHATEAU MACHIAVELLI"


    PRELUDE - videoscore



    "Ransack the ocean for Orient pearl..." (Marlowe's Faustus)

  2. #2

    Re: Act 2 - Prelude

    Hey Fredrik,
    Such aristocratic formality ...
    Seems fitting for some type of royal ceremony.
    Great work; especially enjoyed the lower string passages; gives the piece a darker edge.

    Very much enjoyed!

    Michael
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

  3. #3

    Cool Re: Act 2 - Prelude

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael A. Wiktor View Post
    Hey Fredrik,
    Such aristocratic formality ...
    Seems fitting for some type of royal ceremony.
    Great work; especially enjoyed the lower string passages; gives the piece a darker edge.

    Very much enjoyed!

    Michael
    Hi Michael,

    I'm especially fond of dark strings! One of the greatest examples that I know, is the prelude ACT III of Wagner's TRISTAN and ISOLDE.

    Fred

  4. #4

    Re: Act 2 - Prelude

    Hi Fredrik,

    This was very regal and dramatic; it sounded quite processional-like. I very much liked the balance of the flute/string/harpsichord interplay throughout, as well as the nicely-rendered recording. Thanks for posting your music!

    Danny

  5. #5

    Re: Act 2 - Prelude

    This is an interesting 17th or early 18th century style piece. You have captured the character of the music. Well done!
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

    Rich

  6. #6

    Re: Act 2 - Prelude

    Very nice job on this, Fredrik... with its elegant,
    rather blue-blooded bearing and demeanor: Quite
    lovely in its courtly progress, but spiced with the
    occasional Fredrikian harmonic surprise to keep it
    aloft.

    I also appreciated the video score, Fredrik.

    My best,



    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

  7. #7

    Re: Act 2 - Prelude

    Quote Originally Posted by DDW View Post
    Hi Fredrik,

    This was very regal and dramatic; it sounded quite processional-like. I very much liked the balance of the flute/string/harpsichord interplay throughout, as well as the nicely-rendered recording. Thanks for posting your music!

    Danny
    Thanks for lending an ear Danny,

    This time I tried to do a light orchestration and make the content as transparent as possible!

    Regards,

    Fred

  8. #8

    Cool Re: Act 2 - Prelude

    Quote Originally Posted by RichR View Post
    This is an interesting 17th or early 18th century style piece. You have captured the character of the music. Well done!
    I'm glad you enjoyed my prelude Rich,

    I spent 3 days on the orchestration inspired by GPO as usual
    The melody was first composed 1979 influenced by baroque music!

    Regards,

    Fred

  9. #9

    Cool Re: Act 2 - Prelude

    Quote Originally Posted by etLux View Post
    Very nice job on this, Fredrik... with its elegant,
    rather blue-blooded bearing and demeanor: Quite
    lovely in its courtly progress, but spiced with the
    occasional Fredrikian harmonic surprise to keep it
    aloft.

    I also appreciated the video score, Fredrik.

    My best,



    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    Hi David,

    I had a lot of fun when orchestrating this piece! I tried to keep it as transparent as possible. A piece that can be played by a small ensemble!

    I also had a lot of fun reading your comment! Yes, it's fun to pretend being blueblooded sometimes... without the head getting choped off though!!

    Fred

  10. #10
    Senior Member fastlane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Shelton, Washington State
    Posts
    3,024

    Re: Act 2 - Prelude

    Yes, very courtly music. It would seem you have much respect for the bluebloods but there is a feeling in this music that leads me to believe you will again expose their human frailties and corruption as the tale continues to unfold.



    Phil

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •