• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT - New Mommitor

Share/Bookmark

Cool OT - New Mommitor

Yes folks ... me wife surprised me with a new monitor yesterday! A 24" and man GPO never look so good before and BIG! Nicest part is I only need one screen to do actually more than my other two Honn's.
    I'm quite excited and satisfied with the resolution. Of course this is for my PC. The Mac has it's own yet not out of the box. Still waiting to finish our main studio and that has proven to be one big pain in the ace!
    Now all I need ezz to get me a new keyboard controller and interface (thinking Motu 8 pre or may something pci? Yes? No? Maybe? Not? Yes?
    Ok. so I'm a little behind the times here but hey, what the hey!

My wife ... I think I'll keep her.
    Styxx

Re: OT - New Mommitor

Send her overhere, please......... with a 24" mommitor. You will get her back, I promise.

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by Ernstinen View Post
    I bought meself a new 24" mommitor a couple months ago. It pivots to portrait mode...
    Ern, what model did you get?

I'm about due for a new one myself, but a lot of them
    don't pivot. Also, what's max res on it?

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

The best part will be going back to dual screens.

But having them each be 24"

Why I am able to load two projects in Samplitude is beyond me but they both fit on this monitor. I'm still learning this software and it does have some surprises. Question, is this normal for most if not all DAW software or is does this have something to do with this PC being quad? Still, ezz project 1 and 2 on the screen complete with all tracks, midi, audio, and respective attributes!

Love this mommitor. Although I actually asked my wife to go to the pet store and buy me one of those monitors that are on sale and this is what she came home with.
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Reegs View Post
    The best part will be going back to dual screens.

But having them each be 24"
    Better wear sunglasses!
    Styxx

I have a preference for 20inch 4:3 (traditional) ratio monitors. The 1600x1200 resolution gives more dots per physical area. I have three of these plus a fourth 17inch at 1280*1024 for email. That gives me 4800x1200 plus the email monitor. You simply can't do that with 24inch setups - it would take up too much room.

I am about to start a new job and the standard setup there is one 30inch (2560 x 1600) plus two 20inch (1200 x 1600) 4:3 screens, one on either side in portrait configuration. It will be interesting to see how that setup works.

(It's a software development company)

Just for grins, I connected my PC to our 40" HDTV in the family room and uh oh ... Talk about BIG SCREEN! A little much though for me. I tend to agree that having more than one screen to work with regardless of size is the way to go. So, I've decided to purchase the old Drive In down the road. That screen is 60' X 80'! Not great resolution and you need a gulf cart to get from one side to the other but hey, just think of all the stuffs I can view at once! I figure the wife and kids won't mind as long as I show their favorite movies from time to time. Hey, I may set up on Friday's for fright night and show Godzilla movies!
    Styxx

Nice, huh?
    Styxx

I think I may agree that still two monitors is better than one.
    Styxx

Go Back to forum