• Register
  • Help

Topic: EWQLSC and Sonar - problems

Share/Bookmark

EWQLSC and Sonar - problems

Hi

I'm having a nightmare trying to get these two to work properly. Essentially, I think the problem is that Sonar is trying to use the velocity note values to determine the volume of the note, rather than using choir's mod wheel. Whatever I do with the mod wheel works for the duration of one note, then it gets over-ridden.

Assuming this is the problem can anyone please tell me how to remove these velocity values so I can concentrate just on mod wheel data? It may help to know I'm using Sonar Home Studio 4.

Thanks

Lloyd

Re: EWQLSC and Sonar - problems

I'm not quite clear on the circumstances here. Is this happening during playback (manually operating the Mod Wheel) or when Sonar is supposed to be playing be recorded Mod Wheel events? Have you checked in the MIDI filter to see that Mod Wheel events are being allowed and recorded?
    Paul Baker
    Baker's Jazz And More
    Austin, Texas, USA
    www.bakersjazzandmore.com

Hi

Thanks for your reply. This is happening both in recorded playback with mod wheel events and in playback when I am manually operating the mod wheel. It makes no difference - the velocity values seem to over-ride the mod wheel events!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by l.buck View Post
    Hi

Thanks for your reply. This is happening both in recorded playback with mod wheel events and in playback when I am manually operating the mod wheel. It makes no difference - the velocity values seem to over-ride the mod wheel events!

Cheers
    If you are using the VSTi version, try the DXi version or visa versa.

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Quote Originally Posted by l.buck View Post
    Hi

I'm having a nightmare trying to get these two to work properly. Essentially, I think the problem is that Sonar is trying to use the velocity note values to determine the volume of the note, rather than using choir's mod wheel. Whatever I do with the mod wheel works for the duration of one note, then it gets over-ridden.

Assuming this is the problem can anyone please tell me how to remove these velocity values so I can concentrate just on mod wheel data? It may help to know I'm using Sonar Home Studio 4.

Thanks

Lloyd
    Velocity will have a much greater impact on volume than the modwheel. That's how EWQLSC is programmed. The modwheel really affects the fullness and timbre of the ensemble. The two values work together and don't override each other.

If you want constant velocities though, then highlight all the midi data on your EWQLSC track, select scale velocity and set the range to 75 to 75, or something similar.

Also be aware of any CC7 or CC11 data. These have an impact on volume.

Go Back to forum