• Register
  • Help

Topic: Cantatio adds interpretation and expressiveness to midi

Share/Bookmark

Cantatio adds interpretation and expressiveness to midi

I thought many in the Northern Sounds community would be interested in knowing about this software (still in the research and development stage) and hearing an audio example.

Dominique David has recently been working on musical gesture and motion capture to study alternative ways to play and interpret music. He exclusively uses the Blüthner Digital Model One to render the midi files. The audio example at the ProAudioVault site is the Chopin Op 25 No 1. The software program (Cantatio) can interpret and add expressiveness to a midi files - you can learn more about this program and hear a demo based on this remarkable software at http://www.proaudiovault.com/BDMO_Classical.html

Ernest Cholakis
    Numerical Sound/ProAudioVault
    www.numericalsound.com
    www.proaudiovault.com

Re: Cantatio adds interpretation and expressiveness to midi

I had this feeling of deja vue maybe because of the tittle of the thread...

Seriously though, I'd love it if i could conduct my sequence like one conducts an orchestra. Ideally i would record all tempo change that way and then start sequencing . I wonder of i could do this with this software?..

It looks like it's possible.

Get levels of expressiveness and interpretation impossible to achieve by music programming. The advanced Cantatio engine intelligently analyses your gesture to produce musical realtime midi output. Lot of parameters are proposed to adapt to various situations.

An exciting concept. Please keep us posted as this progresses from the pioneer phase to the commercial phase. Lots of possibilities for freeing up mechanical tempi, to more closely resemble the rhythmic flexibility inherent in live performance.

Go Back to forum