• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Topic: are spectrasonics products compatible Vista 64 ?

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    are spectrasonics products compatible Vista 64 ?

    hi,

    i will switch soon to Vista 64 , and i would like to know if Stylus RMX, atmosphere, and Trilogy are compatible Vista 64 ?

    thanks.

  2. #2

    Re: are spectrasonics products compatible Vista 64 ?

    They work fine on Vista 64 here on Cubase 4 (32bit editon)....I haven't tried the 64 bit preview thing yet.

  3. #3

    Re: are spectrasonics products compatible Vista 64 ?

    thanks for your reply, can you try the preview version one of these days ?

  4. #4

    Re: are spectrasonics products compatible Vista 64 ?

    I just looked at the Cubase forum over at Cubase.net
    They have a members only forum for the 64bit preview. They say that Trilogy and atmosphere doesn't work on the 64 bit preview. Stylus does, but it loads really slow.

    These are Cubase issues AFAIK, because as I said. I use Vista 64, but only the 32 bit edition of cubase, and all three works.

  5. #5

    Re: are spectrasonics products compatible Vista 64 ?

    what is the interest to run the 32 bits version of cubase under Vista 64 ?

  6. #6

    Re: are spectrasonics products compatible Vista 64 ?

    1) i'm answering to myself : with the 32 bits version, you can use 4 Gb with a stable release, right ?

    2) i just registered to the cubase forum with my usb key, so i have now access to the 64 bits forum, thanks !!

  7. #7

    Re: are spectrasonics products compatible Vista 64 ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Prod View Post
    1) i'm answering to myself : with the 32 bits version, you can use 4 Gb with a stable release, right ?
    Also, if you use Vienna Ensemble you can use as much RAM as you have for samples.

    The big snag with the 64bit version of Cubase is that unless all your plugs are 64bit, you have to use the VST Bridge, which is not working well ATM.

    D

  8. #8

    Re: are spectrasonics products compatible Vista 64 ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Daryl View Post
    Also, if you use Vienna Ensemble you can use as much RAM as you have for samples.

    The big snag with the 64bit version of Cubase is that unless all your plugs are 64bit, you have to use the VST Bridge, which is not working well ATM.

    D
    1) i heard that VSL VI instrument crash under cubase 4 in 64 bits , right ?

    2) ok. so, cubase 64 bits must really be used as a beta test... is the 32 bits version under vista 64 is very stable ? like under XP or vista 32 ?

  9. #9

    Re: are spectrasonics products compatible Vista 64 ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Prod View Post
    1) i heard that VSL VI instrument crash under cubase 4 in 64 bits , right ?
    The problem is that VI is only currently meant to be used with a 32bit sequencer, even though the VE bit is 64bit. Therefore it will work very well in XP64 or Vista64, provided that you use the 32bit version of Cubase. Most crashes are caused by that dratted VST Bridge, which is really not worth trying to negotiate IMO.

    D

  10. #10

    Re: are spectrasonics products compatible Vista 64 ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Daryl View Post
    The problem is that VI is only currently meant to be used with a 32bit sequencer, even though the VE bit is 64bit. Therefore it will work very well in XP64 or Vista64, provided that you use the 32bit version of Cubase. Most crashes are caused by that dratted VST Bridge, which is really not worth trying to negotiate IMO.

    D
    LOL ok, so your suggestion right now is :
    work under vista 64 with cubase in 32 bits mode with 4 Gb of Ram, and when cubase 64 bits is released as official, switch it !!

    thanks for your reply !!

    as you use cubase 4 (i'm still under SX3) what do you think of halion One ? are the sound of the motif have been sampled with effect or are they dry ?

    other questions about spectrasonics : will the new version of atmosphere and stylus RMX waited for the end of the year will be 64 bits ready ? (hello spectrum !!

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •