• Register
  • Help

Topic: Should I buy GPO now or wait for Aria

Share/Bookmark

Should I buy GPO now or wait for Aria

Title says it all. Is the new engine going to be an upgrade with a price tag that would be better to wait for.

The sounds of the demo's impressed me for GPO . ( You are a talented group ) . I think I would be pleased with the existing library but..... I am willing to wait a bit if its going to be money spent that leaves me wanting more.

Re: Should I buy GPO now or wait for Aria

Most definitely do not wait - you could be waiting a long time. I doubt there will be a significant penalty for buying now, and the upside is that you get to use it immediately.

I should also have said, welcome to the forum, you will enjoy it here!

Quote Originally Posted by carulli View Post
    Title says it all. Is the new engine going to be an upgrade with a price tag that would be better to wait for.

The sounds of the demo's impressed me for GPO . ( You are a talented group ) . I think I would be pleased with the existing library but..... I am willing to wait a bit if its going to be money spent that leaves me wanting more.
    Hello Carulli and welcome to our forums.

This question has been asked before and you can read the threads at:

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...highlight=ARIA

In a nutshell I would advise to go ahead and buy GPO now as ARIA will be a while yet before GPO is coded to the new player. The general feeling is that when GPO is ready with ARIA Gary will probably offer a generous upgrade.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Consider it bought then! Looking forward to getting it and I appreciate your recomendations. ( Guess if there isnt a decent price for upgrade that I wont be the first to say ouch )

Dont take that as rude. I think GPO will be a valuable tool even without an upgrade. I guess I just like a good value and nice upgrades without the BS that some companies charge so dearly for.

Reading the manual now.....( WOw! What happened there? )

I Would have felt better about the purchase if Gary had answered with some kind of encouragement about Aria pricing or updates but.....I cant wait to get on with the music.

What's Aria anyway?

Mooshykris

Quote Originally Posted by Mooshykris View Post
    What's Aria anyway?

Mooshykris
    Presently most of Garritan libraries including GPO use the Native Instruments Kontakt Player 2. Gary has now developed his own player, ARIA, to replace KP2. The first of Gary's libraries to use this new player is the new Steinway library which is almost ready. They are now coding the remaining libraries for ARIA but this will take some time.

The previews of ARIA look good and there are innovative features including dragging and dropping instruments onto a virtual soundstage. There is also an innovative way of licensing Garritan libraries.

Try a forums search and you will find more info and some screenshots of the new player.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

NI needs to really spend some $$ on a better internet provider. The server just ISNT responding for registration.

On another note however............. Just tinkering and love the sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_uk View Post
    Presently most of Garritan libraries including GPO use the Native Instruments Kontakt Player 2. Gary has now developed his own player, ARIA, to replace KP2. The first of Gary's libraries to use this new player is the new Steinway library which is almost ready. They are now coding the remaining libraries for ARIA but this will take some time.

The previews of ARIA look good and there are innovative features including dragging and dropping instruments onto a virtual soundstage. There is also an innovative way of licensing Garritan libraries.

Try a forums search and you will find more info and some screenshots of the new player.
    Sounds awesome! Now, will we be able to upgrade our existing Garritan products when this is ready?
    Styxx

Go Back to forum