• Register
  • Help

Topic: Baffled in Bellingham

Share/Bookmark

Baffled in Bellingham

[IMG]file:///Users/stevesample/Desktop/Picture%202.png[/IMG]

"Garritan Jazz
    This patch was generated by a newer version of Kontakt. Please upgrade your copy to load the patch."

This message pops up whenever I try to use the Setup Wizard, or to load any previous score for that matter. I have gone to the NI Service center and my KP2 and K2 are the latest versions, 2.2.4. Can anyone tell me what the above message means and what I need to do to correct it?

sos

Re: Baffled in Bellingham

It sounds like your program is trying to load the KP1 plugin instead of the KP2 plugin.

Hi sos

Go to the Finale Knowledgebase and download the file "GarritanJazzinstrument-K2.txt".

It can be retrieved here http://makemusic.custhelp.com/cgi-bi...hp?p_faqid=790

Cheers...

Daz :0)

Craig:
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig F View Post
    It sounds like your program is trying to load the KP1 plugin instead of the KP2 plugin.
    There is no trace of any KP1 program on my computer unless it is hidden in the original GJBB CD.

darrob:
    I could not find the Finale Knowledgebase but I did locate "GarritanJazzinstrument-K2.txt".
    already in my Finale/AU file along with
    GIFinstrument.txt and
    gpofull2instrument.txt

Thanks for your help.
    sos

darrob:
    I looked again and the "GarritanJazzinstrument-K2.txt" in my Finale/AU file seems to be a bit different from the link you gave me. How do I download the "GarritanJazzinstrument-K2.txt" from your link?

sos

sos:

The content of the text file is included in an email.

Best,

Joe
    Last edited by jmpaquette; 03-17-2008 at 01:18 AM. Reason: Overy long; sent content in email.

Joe:
    I did as you said but to no avail. Does the file you sent need to have a certain name?
    Steve

Steve -

The file you already have: "GarritanJazzinstrument-K2.txt" - You'll be making a copy of it for safety (archiving it, setting it somewhere else). Then you'll be replacing the text within that file with the text I sent.

Let us know. It may be another problem you're having, but this at least covers the similar experiences others have had.

Joe

Go Back to forum