• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Musikmesse 2008 better called DJ Messe?

Share/Bookmark

Musikmesse 2008 better called DJ Messe?

Ok, I know that DJ`s are getting more and more important from year to year.

But, what have they to do on our Musikmesse or Namm-Show?

Are they composers? No!

Are they musicans when they use their hardwarecontrollers to scratch the music what was composed and recorded by others? No!

Ok, it is perhaps an art, the music to shape like they do on their way, but for me this would be better shown at a special DJ Messe or something like this.... .

Who knows, in the next years the builder from mp3 players will be presented at Musikmesse and show there how great is it to use the composed and played music from others in their mp3-players...?

What do you think?
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Re: Musikmesse 2008 better called DJ Messe?

and Dj's hit the Floor!

I have a friend who is a DJ and works for the Orchestra
    and I know another that is world class touring DJ.
    yes they are artists. Yea there Musicians too just the new electronic musicians hey House is Fun! Dont' worry it will get 100 times worse with this new Melodyn thing. (say goodbye to originatlity) and there is new innovated ~~~~ being done all the time see www.createdigitalmusic.com

There is a lot more to it then what people think.
    internetdj.com
    dogsonacid.com

Every DJ is different and brings something different to the mixes. also there are DJ's that are world class just using LIVE, a Laptop, and a midi controller with two records to spin. (Cosmos) They really are creating something new when they work. Nothing wrong with having some hot beats pump'n while you browse the music tech^_-
    Maybe Native Instruments was there and had some wild new upgrade dj thing that well was promoting Dj's.

Dj's Good!
    All I can Say is...HA!...HA!...HAAAAAAA!!!!!

Ah,

if someone forms snippets of many different pictures together, he is certainly an artist?! Cool.

So what would he do if no original pictures were available?
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

he or she would be screwed! LOL!

and there wouldn't have been an
    Andy Warhol
    All I can Say is...HA!...HA!...HAAAAAAA!!!!!

Gunther,

I was at NAMM and was appalled to see that the people who make Guitar Hero had a booth! As a guitarist myself, I am insulted on behalf of those who are experts in the arts and crafts of both playing guitar, and making guitars

I don't agree with your sentiments about the level of artistry involved in being a DJ, but, as suggested above, I think we can definitely agree that there are much worse things going on at the trade shows these days.

Video Games? Come on, people!!

Belbin

My mother always told me if I didn't have anything nice to say about someone, then don't say anything...

But let's just say that I share your sentiment Gunther, and leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben H View Post
    My mother always told me if I didn't have anything nice to say about someone, then don't say anything...
    That's the problem. People need to speak up about the bad things in people. If people go through life being blights on the face of the earth (ghetto-trash DJ's in this case), they should be told so to their faces or else nothing will ever change for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by germancomponist View Post
    What do you think?
    In our region, here, we have lots of typical foods.

But starting with the globalization and the growing demand of these "typical italian foods", our local resources wouldn't have been sufficient to satisfy the world request.

So, some producers began to import alternative meats in order to make more and more of their "typical" sausages.

As a result, you may now buy a "typical" italian sausage made with brazilian zebu instead of italian pork.

If you are old enough to remember the pork sausages flavor you immediately catch the difference (the brazilian zebu has little and completely different flavor). If not, you will be happy, convinced you have eaten a "typical italian sausage".

It's not illegal, our law permits it. But it's sad.

Due to my cultural limitation, I couldn't distinguish a German Dj from, say, an Australian one.

But if world calls for more and more Dj's and can appreciate the differences between a German Dj and an Australian one, the Frankfurt Messe will show lots of Dj's.

The city of Frankfurt must survive in one way or another, and I think that the European Central Bank headquarter is not enough.

Hope you appreciated the hazardous comparison...

PS - Here, in Milan, you could discover lots of Dj's "coming from London" and using exotic Brit names but patently born, instead, in the outskirts of our town. Often we are a little provincial, you know..
    Mac Pro Quad Core, 23" Apple Cinema, Logic Pro 8.x + VSL PRO Edition, some of the VI's, GPO, Ivory, Edirol UA-25 audio card, Event TR6 monitors, 1 girlfriend (Ines).

I have a rule I use all the time. When I run into something that is new that I think is really really ridiculous, I allow there to be two options: 1) It really is that ridiculous or 2) I just don't get it.

Even if I believe 1 to be true, I still allow room in the cosmos for 2 to actually be the case.

In terms of the DJ argument, I think you are comparing apples and oranges. DJs are more like graphic designers. Composers are more like illustrators or painters. A designer often has far less drawing ability, but what they can do is pretty cool. If all you care about is painting, then designers probably seem like hacks.

so....pick your point of view and be successful!

Quote Originally Posted by metrobot View Post
    In terms of the DJ argument, I think you are comparing apples and oranges. DJs are more like graphic designers. Composers are more like illustrators or painters. A designer often has far less drawing ability, but what they can do is pretty cool. If all you care about is painting, then designers probably seem like hacks.
    Agree.

Take a look at John Cage's "Water Walk".

Music, futurism, design, painting?

It's quite interesting the reaction of the spectators: uncertain about what they are looking at (art? provocation? a fool's gag?) they laugh...
    Mac Pro Quad Core, 23" Apple Cinema, Logic Pro 8.x + VSL PRO Edition, some of the VI's, GPO, Ivory, Edirol UA-25 audio card, Event TR6 monitors, 1 girlfriend (Ines).

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast