• Register
  • Help

Topic: Magic Sea - GPO and add libs.

Lightbulb Magic Sea - GPO and add libs.

Hello my dear friends,

so I think it's time to post a new score....I'm very busy last time..well.. score it's between impressionistic and avantgarde writing. I put here strong eye on sounds and balance. Thanks GPO for great sounds here in WW. Hope you like it..comments always very welcome..

Listen: http://www.box.net/shared/hbdn170744

Re: Magic Sea - GPO and add libs.

Hi Jaques,

as always, I like your sound! Very great and coool!

A nice piece and well done!

"Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Nice stuff, Jaques! As Gunther said, yes, it is very cool! It's also very befitting of the title -- this would have been a perfect fit for a Jaques Cousteau special.

Very skillfully crafted soundscape. Thanks for sharing this!

Shelton, Washington State

Lots of neat things going on here. The beginning was a real ear catcher.

You did a great job with combining and mixing sounds.

The ending seemed like a glitch at first but I'll chalk it up to the avant garde.

I think I hear an electric piano with heavy vibrato which sounds nice and strange.

Dear Gunther, Danny & Phil,

Thanks for your kind comments on my little score.
    Makes me funny that you like these unusal music concept betweeen surreal & avantgarde and impressionistic tone painting. Thanks again.

All my best

This has a very nice impression of the sea. Even without the title the feeling of seeing a choral reef swaying in the tidal movement and colorful fish in a serene aqua environment is unmistakeable. The woodwinds do add the mystery that is always part of the sea. Well done, Jaques, well done
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Good to see you back with something new, Jaques!

Absolutely gorgeous sound on this; and still another
    superb impressionistic journey.

My sole regret on listening is, I would have hoped for

All my best,

Hi Jacques,

un peu mysterieux at first, then a little jazzy... I see little iridescent plankton floating around in a dark sea (bell tree, cymbal rolls), a disturbance in the water (vibraphone?). Love the string work. A little light breaks through (jazz, lovely strings floating above). Mystery (bass clar?)... wow, I could go on -- this really evokes another world for me. The scintillating qualities of harp, cymbal, vibes, bell tree, juxtaposed with that low bass clarinet (I think?) gives a sense of a vast depth (top to bottom), and the strings evoke the feeling of the experiencer of this mysterious world.

Very nice! And I'm out of cognac -- if I recall, last time I listened to a piece of yours, it was so smooth and beautiful, it felt like it should be accompanied by something quite elegant :-)

Just lovely!

Listen at: www.soundclick.com/kepeaceusa
    Scores at: http://stores.lulu.com/ke_peace

Dear Karen & David,

Happy easter to all forum members.

Thank your for your nice comments. It makes me happy to read the listeners
    impressions. It's always a pleasure for me to write something like this. In special when it was written for a picture. Friend of mine writing scores to books or short storys he had read or is reading. Ken Follet was one of his last inspirators I guess. For me it's always a concret picture which I'm trying to catch..so "Magic Sea" indeed a underwater coral riff with all the bizarr beauty and colors of the lovely world of submarine movies was here my given inspiration. Thanks again.

All my best

Go Back to forum