• Register
  • Help

Topic: Repeated notes not playing

Share/Bookmark

Repeated notes not playing

Hi, ya'll -
    I've been using GPO for several years and have been using JBB and CMB, also, since I got them last year. I don't remember having such a problem before.

I am using Solo Strings for a string quartet piece. I worked with the piece in a notation program, then made a .mid file of it when I was finished. I imported the .mid file into Sonar 5PE and added the GPO sounds. (I have done this procedure many times with no problems). Whenever a note is repeated (it can be two or more dotted half notes or two or more 16ths or whatever) it/they does/do not sound. The first notes sounds, but any repeated note(s) that follow does not. This is the case for all instruments.

The velocities look OK. The Note On and Note Off are OK for the ones I looked at. I don't see what the problem can be.

Help, please!

Frank
    Frank Newman - Houston, Texas, USA, Earth, Milky Way (for our 'extended' viewership)
    Vista Ult SP2, i7 chipset, 12Gb, 500Gb (int) + 1 & 1.5Tb ext., E-MU 1820, Sonar 8.5PE, VSampler, CME UF5, AcousModules (for 3D playback), GPO/JBB/CMB

Re: Repeated notes not playing

Hi

Try reducing the note durations by 1 or 2 ticks (from within Sonar)

What has happened occasionally is that the repeated notes overlap, so that note off actually happens after or at the same time as the following note on.

Cheers...

Daz :0)

Re: Repeated notes not playing

Thanx for the suggestion, Daz? -
    That was already done. Every note is made 8 ticks short of its 'normal' value (out of 192 TPQ) unless it is really short in which case I only make them 4 ticks shorter. Visual inspection and Note Properties confirm that this is the case. This is something I do as a "matter of course" for everything that is not slurred (in which case there is overlap, along with cc64).

Frank
    Frank Newman - Houston, Texas, USA, Earth, Milky Way (for our 'extended' viewership)
    Vista Ult SP2, i7 chipset, 12Gb, 500Gb (int) + 1 & 1.5Tb ext., E-MU 1820, Sonar 8.5PE, VSampler, CME UF5, AcousModules (for 3D playback), GPO/JBB/CMB

Go Back to forum