• Register
  • Help

Topic: Dynamic problem with 2d, 3d and 4th voice

Dynamic problem with 2d, 3d and 4th voice

Hi 2 all...
    I do have a problem with dynamic, but i am not sure if this is a right place to ask

Applying any dynamic symbol to the first voice is not a problem, everything works perfect. But in other voices when i put any dynamic symbol just nothing happens.

On one staff i have solo flute on voice 1, and flute ensemble on voice 2. Solo flute works good, but flute ens. are always played on same dynamic no matter what symbol i put. Same is for cres and decres <> symbols...

To make myself more clear (maybe i am doing something wrong). When i whant to have two instruments on one staff, on instrument list i make it like this:

..and, notes in the 3d&4th measure (for Horn in F II) are always in piano dynamic

(edit: i should post this in "Notation/Sequencing" forum, sorry)

Perth, Western Australia

Re: Dynamic problem with 2d, 3d and 4th voice

I've posted an answer to your question in the Finale Forums, but I'll repeat it here...

The problem here is that you're using HP and GPO.

Dynamics that are controlled by continuous data (ie CC#1) will only get sent to the primary channel that the staff is named for.
    To get dynamics to work properly for your piece you will need to separate the instruments into separate staves.
    The GPOHP Tutorial (GPOHP Tutorial Supplement.pdf) makes a passing reference to this on page 93, in a grey box. However it is not only keyswitch expressions that cause a problem, but most expressions and techniques, especially those dealing with sustaining instruments.

What I tend to do is have two scores. One for editing and printing and another, generated from the primary, for playback.
    Generating this second score is just a matter of extracting the parts (once finished entering the score) and combining those parts into a single, larger score.
    I define parts based on voicing and layers. (ie Horn 2 would be notes on layer 2 in measures that have more than one layer, or the 2nd note in a single layer measure)

Daz. :0)

Re: Dynamic problem with 2d, 3d and 4th voice

thanks you very much

Go Back to forum