• Register
  • Help

Topic: Any Synful Users Out There... Having Trouble Getting It Real

Share/Bookmark

Any Synful Users Out There... Having Trouble Getting It Real

I just downloaded the new Synful. I have -wanted- to like this thing for a couple of years. But no matter what... it still sounds and plays like a synth. Am I doing something wrong? If so, any tips? The concept is great... I can't wait to start dumping a few hundred gb of samples, but I just can't seem to find joy.

So far? Wallander sounds pretty good in some contexts. Pianotek? Close but no cigar. But this... still seems -miles- away.

I'm willing to be convinced. What am I missing?

THANKS!

---JC

Re: Any Synful Users Out There... Having Trouble Getting It Real

Hi JC,

Version 2.4.4 is the latest version of Synful and contains the new string playing modes. These are the only new recordings included in this version, the rest of the orchestra (including string sustains) are the same recordings from the original versions. Version 3 will include all new recordings (as is my understanding), but I don't know when it will be released. There is a demo mp3 of the Horn from version 3 floating around here somewhere. Have a listen, I think you'll be pleasantly suprised; the future of synful is very bright indeed.

Thanks. I guess I'll keep waiting. Like for a decaf that tastes like the real thing.

---JC

Quote Originally Posted by Suntower View Post
    Thanks. I guess I'll keep waiting. Like for a decaf that tastes like the real thing.

---JC
    Haha.
    I'm with you on this one.
    basses played while you wait..
    Apple Certified Logic Pro Trainer.
    http://www.logicuser.net

Quote Originally Posted by Suntower View Post
    I just downloaded the new Synful. I have -wanted- to like this thing for a couple of years. But no matter what... it still sounds and plays like a synth. Am I doing something wrong? If so, any tips? The concept is great... I can't wait to start dumping a few hundred gb of samples, but I just can't seem to find joy.

So far? Wallander sounds pretty good in some contexts. Pianotek? Close but no cigar. But this... still seems -miles- away.

I'm willing to be convinced. What am I missing?

THANKS!

---JC

what instruments are you using?

I seem to get the best luck from solo violin, the violin and viola sections, and the cello section, but for cellos, only in the upper registers. The reeds are also very good, but I use them less. I do use the vibrato and expression mods quite a bit when performing/programming. If you don't, it'll sound pretty static.

Cellos in lower registers=useless. Solo horn=uesless. Flute=not that great.

I'm very curious to hear the next big update, but unlike others around here, I still really like it and find the string section emulations very useful. Especially considering that I don't have VSL!

Go Back to forum