• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: OT- Your Favorite Orchestrated Beatle Song?

Share/Bookmark

OT- Your Favorite Orchestrated Beatle Song?

Mine is undoubtedly "I Am The Walrus". I love the ascending and descending counterpoint and the lyrics ... what the heck is a "schnide"?

Watts yours and has anyone ever tried reconstruction a Beatles song orchestrally. I mean, one of you youts!
    Styxx

Re: OT- Your Favorite Orchestrated Beatle Song?

If you mean what Beatles song already has an orchestra (or part of one) in it, then "Something" or "A Day in The Life" maybe my favorites.

I own a number of albums of Beatles played on all kinds of different groups. For example, Beatles played on a symphony orchestra, played on a string quartet, and even the "Baroque Beatles" which is their music rewritten in the baroque style and played on a baroque style orchestra. It's interesting to hear "I Want to Hold Your Hand" played as a fugue, or "Help" played as a baroque cantata.

Widely regarded as Eleanor Rigby. I like this one I must admit. The idea of the string sound came from Bernard Herrmann actually - re: Psycho.

One of my favourites from years ago is She's Leaving Home with the harp - and £24 million sterling.

I also like Baby You're a Rich Man, Lady Madonna and GET BACK (you ffffffff bitch!!!!)

Yes! Yes! That's what I meant.
    Styxx

Any sympathy I ever had for Heather withered away when I read the judges comments about her. Throwing water on a lawyer ? Plus just because she married him doesnt mean his wealth is her due.

On a more pleasant note. The orchestra ride out on Strawberry fields with French horn, harpsicord and cohorts.

Styxx

Dude, what's that up on the riser man?
    Styxx

I honestly do not remember who "orchestrated" this Beatle song is, but I really LOVE "Martha, My Dear"! (It's been a long while since I heard this tune.) I think it's my favorite Beatle song and I love most of their music!

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Quote Originally Posted by efiebke View Post
    I honestly do not remember who "orchestrated" this Beatle song is, but I really LOVE "Martha, My Dear"! (It's been a long while since I heard this tune.) I think it's my favorite Beatle song and I love most of their music!

Ted
    Martha is a great little track and if you're a keyboard player it's a very good little piece to play - in Eb. Martha, as you probably know - was an old English sheep dog.
    Orchestrated by Sir George Martin.

Talking Re: OT- Your Favorite Orchestrated Beatle Song?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
    Martha is a great little track and if you're a keyboard player it's a very good little piece to play - in Eb. Martha, as you probably know - was an old English sheep dog.
    Orchestrated by Sir George Martin.
    And Paul went out with her?
    Styxx

Go Back to forum