• Register
  • Help

Topic: GVI users

Share/Bookmark

GVI users

I just bought GVI. The dongle came without a license. It says in the directions, if this happens to call tascam for a activaion code to down load one. When I finally got someone they tell they no longer support that and tell to call another company who in turn tells me to call tascam back. Has anyone else experienced this or did your dongle come with a license.

Re: GVI users

My copy of GVI came with a CD Key printed on a little white sticker affixed to the inside of the DVD-case in which the product was shipped. There's nothing like that inside yours?
    — alanb

http://alanb.org

http://www.myspace.com/arsperspicuus

Jeff4h - The GVI dongles come already pre-activated so it is not possible to get an activation code. I heard of that issue before, I don't remember exactly what the fix was.. somebody's system was misreading the dongle and thought it was not activated when it actually was.. I would suggest trying to install the latest version of the syncrosoft driver for the dongle and see what happens. I'm pretty sure I remember the fix being a software patch, so the syncrosoft driver would be a good place to start.

I finally got the license to load. It opens and works great in sonar, it will not open in stand alone though, oh well it works

Jeff, just so you know in advance as to your next possible dissapointment, GVI 3 will not fast bounce in Sonar... I learned that the hard way, and the only fix is to get GVI 4...

I never tried it that way. But I fast freeze and then fast bounce or mixdown the frozen tracks all the time.

Howard

Are you talking about individual tracks or a group of tracks?? I basically render each track individuallly and without the fast bounce, when you have 20 tracks, it just doesn't make sense...

I love the idea of being able to use giga sounds as a vst, but have had to go back using G3 in rewire so I can render compositions...

actually all I do is use it as a instrument. Record on track at a time to another computer. Works for me, thanks for the help, it has been working perfect

Go Back to forum