• Register
  • Help

Topic: Today is the first day of Sping... who wants to sacrifice a virgin with me?

Share/Bookmark

Today is the first day of Sping... who wants to sacrifice a virgin with me?

Igor Stravinsky and I are going to sacrifice a virgin in honor of Sping... who's with us?

In the meantime, a neat site by the San Fransisco Symphony called "Keeping Score" featuring "The Rite of Spring":

http://www.keepingscore.org/flash/stravinsky/index.html

Re: Today is the first day of Sping... who wants to sacrifice a virgin with me?

Here in the UK Spring doesn't start till tomorrow - although most people seem to believe the official date should be March 1st.

Only one?
    First day of spring maybe but it is freakin' freezing, raining, sleet, and miserable for the first day of spring! Well, that's Beefalo weather for ya!

Now, what about them virgins?
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx View Post
    Now, what about them virgins?
    No suicide bombing required for the Stravinsky virgins.

I always thought March 21st was the first day of spring, but on leap years you subtract a day for Feb 29th and thus March 20th - today - receives the primeaval rites. Who knew?

Well, I will observe the equinox by weeding and watering. My plants are in need of watering already, although we have had about 40 inches of rain this season. The back yard is a mini-swamp, the front of the house is dry, and the side is about right. The strange topography and vegetation accounts for this situation. I have some spectacular gazanias in full bloom, and some beautiful marguerites, and a few other things. Plum trees have already shed their blossoms and have burst out in colorful purple leaves, but the apple trees are just sprouting leaves. Narcissus has bloomed and died, but daffodils are late. The quince are blossoming beautifully, and the roses are just coming in to full foliage, and hide the house.

Richard

Spring?

SPRING???????????

HA!

We are under many many feet of snow right now.
    I don't even believe in the concept of "spring" anymore.

Wake me up next July.. maybe Spring will have sprung by then.

Quote Originally Posted by qccowboy View Post
    Spring?

SPRING???????????

HA!

We are under many many feet of snow right now.
    I don't even believe in the concept of "spring" anymore.

Wake me up next July.. maybe Spring will have sprung by then.
    I guess you and I do not have a right of spring.
    Styxx

Who cares about spring!? What a cool website!
    Regards Danial Zainali
    ___
    Reinvent powdered wigs!

Now back to our regular scheduled program ....
    Styxx

I sprung a spring this marnin' to the sun finally shinnin'. However, it's still only thoity dagrass out side-a!
    Styxx

Go Back to forum