• Register
  • Help

Topic: RME cards latency

Share/Bookmark

RME cards latency

Hi everybody
    Questions to people who are using RME cards. I am looking at the DSP 9632 to replace my M-Audio 2496. Here are the quesions:

-What latency do you have when using mutliple ASIO clients? By exemple, 2-3 instances Kontakt standalone?

-Any news about a 64bits driver?

Regards
    Nicolas
    Nicolas Roy
    www.nicolasroy.com

Re: RME cards latency

Quote Originally Posted by nicolasroy View Post
    Hi everybody
    Questions to people who are using RME cards. I am looking at the DSP 9632 to replace my M-Audio 2496. Here are the quesions:

-What latency do you have when using mutliple ASIO clients? By exemple, 2-3 instances Kontakt standalone?

Regards
    Nicolas
    I use the RME 2496 in my second computer, hooked up to the RME Multiface II in my main, 64-bit computer. I am pretty sure, if you look into the drivers at RME-Audio.com. you will find a 64 bit for your computer; however, I am using the 2496 on a 32 bit computer, so I am not totally sure, but their web site should have the drivers for 64 bits, if it does exist.

I am very happy with the RME cards. I set Latency at 512, but I havenot done enough with this machine to tell you thatit will stay there. I am using the machine for Altiverb, so I may do more tweaking.

Re: RME cards latency

Quote Originally Posted by nicolasroy View Post
    Hi everybody

Regards
    Nicolas
    There are windows WDM drivers 64 bit for both Vista and XP available and latency will be best around 5 ms for 3 K3s.
    You can't do much better than RME that's for sure

I do not own this unit but have tested it.....
    2 X Intel i7 920 sys. 12 gigs Ram. XP & Win 7 64
    Cubase 5. Kontakt 4. EWQL C.C.C. (Play)
    Vienna Instruments SE & Plus. Symphobia. GPO.
    RME HDSPe AIO KRK V8s Avalon Vt-747sp
    M-Audio Keystation Pro 88

My two passions. Music and Cooking.
    Both require just the right ingredients....

Go Back to forum