• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Please pray for us!

Please pray for us!

OK I'm having one of the worst nights of my life. My wife, Zoe suffers from bipolar disorder, which we discovered when she made two suicide attempts a couple of years back.

For the last month or so things have been getting really bad again - her meds seem to have stopped being effective, and they're still experimenting to find replacement alternatives. She's now under the care of a crisis team who call every day, and my mum spends the rest of the day with her, till I get home from work.

Tonight Zoe came home from work in the worst state I have ever seen her. She was agitated beyond belief, and didn't know how to fight the urge to kill herself. So I took her to hospital in the hope that they would admit her, but they've simply discharged her with a sleeping tablet, which should stop her being able to do anything silly in the night.

Those of you who do pray, please include us in your prayers and ask that we get through the week.

Re: Please pray for us!

I already have Pingu, and will continue.

Consider it done, my friend. Prayers for Zoe, your mum and also for you. Take care.

Serenity Musician (Gary A.)

HP Pavilion Elite, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, 12 gig ram, 1 terabyte hd., E-MU 0404, Korg K61, Finale 2012, Sonar X2 Producer

Well what can I say I do feel for you, its rough
    I'm not much on religion but for this I'll go to St Joesphs tomorrow and lite a candle for you

Its a church of miracles

keep the faith

I am sorry to hear about what's happening to your wife. Tomorrow I will light a candle for her at the pool of Bethesda - the place where Jesus healed people here in Jerusalem. One for her so she gets better, one for you so you have the power to live through these hard times and one for me since I suffer from the same disorder.

Dallas, TX

I will Pingu, and I already have. I'll also call the church that i just started attending and ask them all to pray, believing for healing and peace.

Will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Thank you very, very much everyone. I've said it before, but this forum has got to be the nicest community on the web.

Well Zoe's asleep now, so I'm going to join her.

My thoughts and prayers are with you -- stay strong and hopeful.

I'm sorry that you and your wife are having such hard times. A friend of mine is bi-polar and he tried any number of psychiatrists and meds until he finally went to a fancy psychiatric hospital in the Boston area (McLean's).

Now he's doing well, with only an occasional up or down. All doctors are not created equal. If you haven't already, see if you can arrange for her to see someone at a top-rated facility in or near your area.

I wish you both peace & happiness.
    "An artist is someone who produces things that people don't need to have, but that he - for some reason - thinks it would be a good idea to give them."

- Andy Warhol

Go Back to forum