• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Apple Logic Users - Pre-Release Sale of KH Orchestral Libraries

Share/Bookmark

Apple Logic Users - Pre-Release Sale of KH Orchestral Libraries

I have been asked by many of you to keep you informed as to the progress of the upcoming Ruby and Diamond Sample libraries for EXS24. THEY ARE NEARLY COMPLETE with a projected release date of April 15th, 2008.

Therefore, from now until the release date of April 15th, you can take advantage of HUGE savings on these great EXS orchestral libraries...as much as $200.00. And don't forget that these libraries are ALREADY priced ridiculously low! But don't wait too long. The prices SHALL go back up on April 16th.

To read more about Diamond, go to http://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/diamond.html
    To read more about Ruby, go to http://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/ruby.html

To purchase these libraries, go to http://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/purchase.html, but make sure you check to see about your upgrade pricing eligibility, which is even LOWER than those who do not already own KH products! Check your upgrade pricing at http://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/purchase.html#upgrades

Re: Apple Logic Users - Pre-Release Sale of KH Orchestral Libraries

(Yea! The web site seems to be working at present! )

Kirk -

This is a very cool deal! I'll be purchasing the special Diamond upgrade before the end of the Pre-Release Sale. (I'm getting a nice Federal Tax Return this year! )

As I mentioned in a recent post here, I think that you've created a wonderful orchestral library. I appreciate the time and effort that you put into it especially in utilizing the Kontakt 2 scripting capabilities. To my very modest ears, it all seems to help create the genuine instrumental sounds found in this orchestral library. Despite its apparent short-comings, I really like the Kontakt 2 plug-in because of its scripting capabilities. Most of the instrumental libraries that I own work within the Kontakt 2/Kontakt 2 Player programing architecture and I like them all!

And. . . I am a LogicPro user and have experienced the more than apparent short-comings that seem to exist between Kontakt 2, LogicPro 8, MacPro and operating system. I avoid the "System Overload" problem and the "Midi Timing" problem and the "Out of Memory" problem by spreading the work-load between two other machines other than my MacPro. I kind of resigned myself to the possibility that this may be the only dependable solution when sequencing larger projects with lots and lots of instrumental sounds from different libraries.

What I do NOT use much, though is the EXS24 plug-in. To be honest, I am more familiar with Kontakt 2 and the sound libraries associated with it (GPO, JABB, Kirk Hunter Diamond Orchestral Library, Chris Hein Guitars, Lyrical Distortion and a few of the East/West sound libraries). But I do own some electric bass sounds that I LOVE that utilizes the EXS24 plug-in. I've even done some real simple sampling projects, myself, using EXS24. The bottom line for me, though, is that I'm not that familiar with EXS24.

Could you please explain the differences that will be found between the Diamond Orchestral Sound Library that uses the Kontakt 2 plug-in and the one that will utilize EXS24?? I am looking forward to using more RAM, thanks to EXS24!! This in itself is well worth the upgrade!!! But how different is the function of the Diamond Orchestral Sound Library when using EXS24?? For many of the instruments, will the Mod-Wheel still control the volume? Are there still KS sound changes??

I am sure that I will adjust to whatever change that may exist! I can use a combination of your library using EXS24 and Kontakt 2, if I want to use the features found in Kontakt 2. But knowing the differences would be nice.

Thank you, Mr. Kirk!

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

THAT was fast! LOL!

Thanks!

Edited to add. . . I just checked the FAQ. It answers my question!

Just for clarification. . .

Will there still be Key-switching involved, at all, with the EXS24 library?

I guess that there will be more different articulations of each instrument which need to be individually loaded, verses key-switching. Yes? No?

Again. . . using the EXS24 will require me to learn newer habits and organizational methods of sequencing than using Kontakt 2. I have no problem with this. Just being able to utilize more RAM (my MacPro currently has 8 GB's of RAM) is well worth the upgrade investment that you offer!

Again, Thanks!

Ted

Oh yes..lots and lots of keyswitching!

Hi Kirk

I don't know Kontakt too well, but the scripting seems a mighty tool. I much prefer exs24 over Kontakt, for ease of handling. The Kontakt interface has never been very nice.

Checking your table however, it seems to me that the disadvantges of exs24 compared to Kontakt are very small- would you agree?

Thank you

Nigel

Hello Nigel,

Let's put it this way... If I didn't think that the libraries would be as good as they are in Kontakt in terms of sound and playability, I would not have developed them in EXS in the first place. So at this point, where benefits/liabilities are concerned, I'd say the score is even between Kontakt and EXS in these libraries.

Having used Kirk's libraries (mostly Emerald) on EXS24, K2, and K3, I can say that they work excellently (for my work.) There was a bug in Kontakt3 that messed up Legato-live (Kontakt2 played fine.) I haven't had the chance to try Diamond on EXS24, but I have every confidence that Kirk will deliver yet another winner for my work.

-K

I'm interested in getting Emerald for $500 while the sale lasts but I'm afraid that my system will be too slow.

I have a Macbook Pro (1.8 GHZ Intel Core Duo) running 10.4.X (using Logic Pro 7) but only 1.5 Gigs of RAM. I thought this would be enough, but Kirk Hunter recommends 3 Gigs of RAM!

I got as much RAM as I could on the Macbook Pro when I bought it (1st generation series).

Will performance really be that slow??? I thought I had this great computer...

help!

Go Back to forum