• Register
  • Help

Topic: Mac Users Safari Alert

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation Mac Users Safari Alert

The latest Safari update has broken the NS log in. Also I can't access hotmail with it but that could be some MS monkey business. I'm using Firefox for now.

Phil

Re: Mac Users Safari Alert

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    The latest Safari update has broken the NS log in. Also I can't access hotmail with it but that could be some MS monkey business. I'm using Firefox for now.

Phil
    Well, perhaps you should check for an update or something for Safari. I just received an alert from Carnegie-Mellon Institute about Safari. I don't use it, so I did not keep the information, but there were a number of security flaws listed.

Richard

Safari works fine here for me.

btw - I just ran software update and among others, there is new Safari update. Probably takes care of any security issues.
    MacPro 2.66 - Tiger & Snow Leopard / 16GB RAM / several TB of HD space/ Garritan Libraries / EWQLSO Platinum PLAY / Omnisphere/ Kontakt 2 & 3 / Finale 2010 /DP5/ a VERY patient wife!

Maybe this is your problem with Hotmail at least? I've never seen it happen on NS, though...

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.p...71212084421968

This morning I downloaded a boatload of updates to my Mac Pro including the Safari one - all is well and I am here via Safari.
    MacPro 2.66 - Tiger & Snow Leopard / 16GB RAM / several TB of HD space/ Garritan Libraries / EWQLSO Platinum PLAY / Omnisphere/ Kontakt 2 & 3 / Finale 2010 /DP5/ a VERY patient wife!

Unfortunately my problems started with Safari 3.1.

Hotmail refuses to recognize my username and password using Safari 3.1.

When I attempt to log in to NS the screen does a refresh and that is all.

I don't use any third party toys so I'm left scratching my head.

Phil

Talking Re: Mac Users Safari Alert

for mac people I've have problems with NS thats with Firefox

heres an app for problems

Disk warrior http://www.alsoft.com/DiskWarrior

Had a real sick problem where a partition was ghosted , I used the disk utility nothing , I went the experts, still nothing the solution was to re-install, did that before the problem came back so I used dragthing to access the partition, came across disk warrior and BINGO! it fixed my problem great app ( its doesnt alter your data)

I did some text searching and discovered from a Apple support post that the problem was Cosmopod which downloads and imports most online videos into iTunes.

I forgot about that toy.

Version 2.3 corrected the issue.

Phil

Fastlane, if you own a Mac, a good, quick diagnostic trick is to create a new user account, then try to recreate the problem. If the issue does not occur in the new account, rest assured it can be traced to a plugin, plist file, cookie file, or other Library file.
    Garritan on GarageBand '08 using Intel iMac with 1.5G RAM
    Listen to my collection here

Go Back to forum