• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Spring discounts and rumors anyone?

Share/Bookmark

Spring discounts and rumors anyone?

Dear Sample Libraries Discussion patrons

I am in dire need of Ethno World 4 or Rare Instruments and have been fiending for extra cash to purchase either library. The cost, however, is mammath for someone like me on a tight budget.

I would like to enquire if any soul on these forums either works for Sounds Online or know when a spring discount might be forthcoming.

Back when Ethno World 3 came out, the price dropped down to just under $300. I am hoping for the same kind of opportunity with Ethno World 4, or Rare Instruments.

A new sound library could really "feed my soul" but if I'm going to make the investment, I desire something of high quality and playability.

I am on a 1st generation Macbook Pro laptop with 10.4.11. I use Logic Pro 7. My name is Jeffrey.

Bless you all!

Re: Spring discounts and rumors anyone?

Sounds Online normally has special discounts tied to either industry trade shows or U.S. Holidays.

Judging by the state of the world economy and resources, I suspect we'll see lots of spring, summer and winter special offers in the years to come.

But I could well be wrong.

Mac Pro Quad Core, 23" Apple Cinema, Logic Pro 8.x + VSL PRO Edition, some of the VI's, GPO, Ivory, Edirol UA-25 audio card, Event TR6 monitors, 1 girlfriend (Ines).

Can I trade snow for a special discount ?

There is actually a BOGOF right now... Search and ye shall receive...

ok ok ok

There's a few problems with this. Yes, they are having a Buy One Get One Free sale, but Ethno World 4 is not included - and it seems Ethno World is the only library I can get without spending another $300 for Kontakt 2.2, as I'm running an Intel Mac (Macbook Pro).

Now, it says that Ethno World comes with:

Format: 2 DVD Set Kontakt 2 Player (included)

Is this the full Kontakt 2? Or just a player so Ethno World will work?

Would I be able to use the Kontakt 2 player with, say, Rare Instruments, withOUT spending $300 for Kontakt 2?

I really need some assistance here. I don't like that I have to get Kontakt 2 just to use most of the instruments on s ounds online. Then there's the iLock expense, too. I would've gone for RA with, say, GYPSY thrown in for free, if I didn't have to get Kontakt and iLock.

Quote Originally Posted by infinity View Post
    ok ok ok

There's a few problems with this. Yes, they are having a Buy One Get One Free sale, but Ethno World 4 is not included - and it seems Ethno World is the only library I can get without spending another $300 for Kontakt 2.2, as I'm running an Intel Mac (Macbook Pro).

Now, it says that Ethno World comes with:

Format: 2 DVD Set Kontakt 2 Player (included)

Is this the full Kontakt 2? Or just a player so Ethno World will work?
    Just the Kontakt Player so that Ethno World will work.

Would I be able to use the Kontakt 2 player with, say, Rare Instruments, withOUT spending $300 for Kontakt 2?
    Unfortunately not. You'll need to get the Kontakt 3 crossgrade (if you own any Kontakt Player product you qualify), which can be had at Sweetwater for $250. K2 has been discontinued, though you might still be able to find a copy somewhere.

I really need some assistance here. I don't like that I have to get Kontakt 2 just to use most of the instruments on s ounds online. Then there's the iLock expense, too. I would've gone for RA with, say, GYPSY thrown in for free, if I didn't have to get Kontakt and iLock.
    Incompatibility between everything is a pain in the neck, ain't it?

Best,
    Reegs

fiddlesticks.

Quote Originally Posted by infinity View Post

I'm not sure if things are different on the Mac. I'm using RA on the PC and it came as a Kontakt-based virtual instrument, so you can use it straight out of the box. Obviously the samples can be loaded into the full version of Kontakt, but there's no particular advantage to doing that. More to the point, the virtual instrument has a drop-down instrument menu hardwired in, whereas I find browsing from the full Kontakt to be a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
    I'm not sure if things are different on the Mac. I'm using RA on the PC and it came as a Kontakt-based virtual instrument, so you can use it straight out of the box. Obviously the samples can be loaded into the full version of Kontakt, but there's no particular advantage to doing that. More to the point, the virtual instrument has a drop-down instrument menu hardwired in, whereas I find browsing from the full Kontakt to be a pain.
    Ra comes with the Kompakt player, based on the Kontakt 1 engine. This is not Intel-Mac compatible. So all those EW libraries that use Kompakt players require K2 to run on an Intel Mac.

Go Back to forum