• Register
  • Help

Topic: A story about piracy...

A story about piracy...

I don't want to post on that huge thread but I was simply STUNNED today by something.

I got an e-mail from someone... (no names of course), who mentioned that he saw a post of mine in NSS about pianoteq! Fair enough and all. Then he mentioned that it's an amazing software but too expensive for him! Fair enough so far! Then he asked if I know if it's possible to have two installations on one license! Which was rather weird, but I wouldn't reply to him on that either way. Too... weird.

And then the guy asked me if I could share my license (since I have pianoteq) with him and have him pay me $50!!!!!!!!

Just wanted to share this with you guys!

I guess that it could be a combination of ignorance accompanied by some naivity, but THAT MUCH??!?

West Seneca, NY

Re: A story about piracy...

$55.00 I could see but $50? What a cheapskate! Your a smart guy nikolas.

Ask him if you can keep his car for 3 days out of the week in return. (assuming he has one)

Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

That's sure somethin'

Quote Originally Posted by nikolas View Post
    And then the guy asked me if I could share my license (since I have pianoteq) with him and have him pay me $50!!!!!!!!
    You might fairly say "Yes, I could, but I won't. But I'll gladly take the $50.00 anyway."

Or you might say "Yes, I will gladly share my license with you, but you'll have to use it at my machine, and you'll have to promise to bathe regularly before you show up to use it, and you'll have to clean our house, cook our meals, and do our laundry before it's your turn to sit at the computer."

Hello Friend,
    On behalf of my family I would like to seek your advice and guidance, if you could perhaps assist us invest some $58 funds into any profitable investment opportunities in your Pianoteq.
    We would be delighted if you could please provide detailed information and procedures for investment. We would review your proposition and enter into partnership agreement with you or your company if only your proposition is satisfactory and acceptable.

Our accounts in banks in Switzerland and other European countries have been frozen illegally by the Federal Government of Nigeria, allegedly us that the funds were siphoned away while my late father ruled Nigeria from 1993 until his sudden death in 1998. Our family lawyers are still on the case at the Supreme Court fighting to have some of the money returned to us.

I thank you and look forward to a successful business relationship with you. I trust that you will enjoy and benefit from this opportunity to work with us. Though, I do not know you in person but I still maintain my father's philosophy that business is people and contacts. Business is always based on trust and open mindedness and it is on this note I act.

I await to hear from you.

Yours truly,
    Bosco Adama

Go Back to forum