• Register
  • Help

Topic: JABB - Not appearing in Kontakt Player 2

Share/Bookmark

JABB - Not appearing in Kontakt Player 2

How do I get JABB to appear as an available instrument? The Strad, Gofriller, GPO & CoMB all appear in the User Instruments & User Multis lists...but not JABB.

I cam across an article on the Native Instruments knowledge base (/questions/504/) that describes how to set up the Quickload List in Kontakt 3, with the claim that it works the same way in Kontakt 2. Since the Browser in KP2 doesn't give the same options (i.e. Database tab and Rebuild DB), this is clearly for the full version of Kontakt 2.

What are the rest of you doing? Are you able to use it in the same sequencing project as your other instrument banks?

I would dearly love to have it behave in the same way as the other instrument libraries.

I just purchased and installed a new hard drive and am reinstalling and re-registering my products (plus doing all the upgrades), but this has not resolved my JABB/KP2 issue. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Barb

Re: JABB - Not appearing in Kontakt Player 2

Quote Originally Posted by bmurrin View Post
    How do I get JABB to appear as an available instrument? The Strad, Gofriller, GPO & CoMB all appear in the User Instruments & User Multis lists...but not JABB.
    Actually, none of these libraries should appear in the User Instruments & User Multis drop-down menues. They should all appear with separate icons below the User Instruments & User Multis menus. Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge View Post
    Actually, none of these libraries should appear in the User Instruments & User Multis drop-down menues. They should all appear with separate icons below the User Instruments & User Multis menus. Like

Hi, Nickie

That's actually what I meant (but clearly didn't say!) Anyway, JABB doesn't show in that column on my computer, but all my other Garritan libraries do. What am I doing wrong? I installed all the software the same way....

Barb

P.S. I must say your picture encourages me that JABB can appear there!

It can indeed appear, Barb.

You did install the JABB KP2 update, right?

If you did and you are on WinXP and not afraid to mess with the Windows Registry (mind you, you have to know what you are doing, if you edit the Registry. You can screw up your system completely, if you don't know, what you are doing, when you run regedit) you can run regedit (Start | Run | regedit) and make sure, that the Key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Native Instruments\Content has a key-value k2lib0796 with the value Jazz and Big Band KP2. This key should make JABB appear in KP2.

When it does, you can click its Info button and set its Library path, if this is not correct (it is incorrect, if the JABB skin is missing and the JABB slot is plain blue instead of red).

Aha! I thought KP2 was "one size fits all", so only installed the version with the highest number.

I just ran the JABB KP2 update and am delighted to report that it now shows up with the other instruments. Unfortunately, due to replacing my hard drive, my computer now has a new I.D., so I have to request a new serial number. But you know what? After the grief and frustration of the past two months, that's truly a small matter!

Thanks so much for your help, Nickie. You're fabulous!

Barb

Go Back to forum