• Register
  • Help

Topic: Your Advice on how to install Native Instruments plug ins and sound libraries

Share/Bookmark

Your Advice on how to install Native Instruments plug ins and sound libraries

Just got a new Mac Pro, an upgrade from a 2 ghzG5,
    I have many Native Instruments plug ins and Kontakt sound libraries the use the NI authorizations system. It's a nightmare. I called Ni and the guy on the phone was no help whatsoever and had major attitude. You used to be able to de-authorize your old computer and authorize your new one. You can't do that anymore. They changed the way the system works. He told me to install from the original discs. The installers on the original disks don't work anymore they are too old. I downloaded an installer helper that is supposed to update the installers for Intel Macs. This only works for a small group of products. There is no clear path for moving your software to a new computer. Maybe some of you have been through this. I would like to know what your experience was with moving your software to a new computer. In particular, moving Native Instruments products from a PPC to an Intel machine. How did you do it?

Many of you don't like dongles, but in this case it made me wish that EVERYTHING was authorized to a dongle.

I think it would be very helpful to other users what their experience was in moving their copy protected software to a new machine.

Re: Your Advice on how to install Native Instruments plug ins and sound libraries

Hi,
    been there done that.
    Actually the Komplete4 install went rather painless after i updated the Service Center and downloaded all the intelupdates from NI.
    I remember that i had to go thru the authorize procedure several times though until every component in Komplete4 was finally successfully authorized.

Stuff like Stormdrum that originally used the nowdiscontinued Kompakt/Intakt engine was a totally different story. I wasted a whole day trying to run the original apps (Kompakt/Intakt) under Rosetta to authorize the libs as requested from the popup window in kontakt2 and finally gave up and sent an email to techsupport.
    They sent me a file (content.plist) that i had to drop in the preference folder.
    Then i could load the libs into Kontakt2 without problems.
    PM me and i send you that file in case you need it.

best
    Hans

Re: Your Advice on how to install Native Instruments plug ins and sound libraries

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Scheffler View Post
    Hi,
    been there done that.

Stuff like Stormdrum that originally used the nowdiscontinued Kompakt/Intakt engine was a totally different story. I wasted a whole day trying to run the original apps (Kompakt/Intakt) under Rosetta to authorize the libs as requested from the popup window in kontakt2 and finally gave up and sent an email to techsupport.
    They sent me a file (content.plist) that i had to drop in the preference folder.
    Then i could load the libs into Kontakt2 without problems.
    PM me and i send you that file in case you need it.

best
    Hans
    Thanks Hanz,

You don't know how bad this situation really is. I have many sound libraries that use the NI authorization system, and it just won't work.

For Example, I have the QLSO platinum and no installer will work.
    The Leopard helper doesn't work. I have all the disks, serial numbers, NI account, everything a person needs to be able to do this, but their system has failed miserably.

Marty,

I was in a similar situation and I did notice one thing.

Unless I used the default install for EW QL Symphonic Choirs, it didn't install. If I tried a custom install it simply did not install correctly (although it went through the motions).

Hardly obvious but you may want to try this and see if it works.

Now I also have to raise a support call to get that file because I noticed that my Storm Drum won't open in Kontakt...

PM me and i send you the file
    its very small like 2,5 kb

best
    Hans

hey marty,
    did you get this problem solved? i think i have a fairly painless solution. shoot me a message on here so i can contact you privately.
    armen

Go Back to forum