• Register
  • Help

Topic: GVI Install problem - Help!

Share/Bookmark

GVI Install problem - Help!

Got a new Dual Core. I'm trying to install GVI and the computer freezes every time it gets to Installing Sycrosoft License Manager which is at 66% on the 1st disc. I have the dongle installed from the previous computer, a P4. What am I doing wrong??
    Dave M.

Re: GVI Install problem - Help!

You might have a so-so disc that isn't being read properly by the CD/DVD drive. You can try copying the whole disc from another computer's drive, then copy it to your new computer over the network and install it from there.

I've done this before with good results, when the direct install didn't work.

I think your right Jon. Just got off the phone with Tascam support and he suspects the same thing. The nice thing about living in Los Angeles is alot of these companies are located here. Tomorrow I'll be driving to Tascam to exchange Disc 1 for a new one. There is a small scratch on it.
    Dave M.

Found the problem! The Sycrosoft eLincense software was being blocked from loading by the Trend Micro Antivirus software on my computer. Even though I had the virus software turned off the computer would freeze up when the install process got to the eLincense part. I was directed to this problem when a pop-up window on the task bar (Trend Micro) stated There is a problem with the latest update from Trend Micro. I removed the software and GVI loaded perfectly. I infoed Sycrosoft and Tascam. I'm getting a second computer for the internet.
    Dave M

Go Back to forum