• Register
  • Help

Topic: Smothest Modulation Wheel?

Share/Bookmark

Angry Smothest Modulation Wheel?

You know, I have a hard time with modulation wheels. They're either sticky, too hard to move, springy, or why to loose. Also, when drawing in modulation or volume I can never get a smooth line with any constancy using a regular Microsoft mouse. Would a track ball mouse work better? I thought it hard in Cubase, Sonar, and other DAW's to draw a constant line but Samplitude is by far the trickiest!
    Thanks people. Hope you are all well and having a great year but don't forget the spaghetti and meataballsa!
    Styxx

Re: Smothest Modulation Wheel?

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx View Post
    when drawing in modulation or volume I can never get a smooth line with any constancy using a regular Microsoft mouse. Would a track ball mouse work better? I thought it hard in Cubase, Sonar, and other DAW's to draw a constant line
    Hey Steex,

I use a trackball - easier on the arm when you're at it all day (if ya know what I mean!) Well, anyway - in SONAR you can get a straight line by holding "Shift" down when you draw.
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

http://reberclark.blogspot.com http://reberclark.bandcamp.com http://www.youtube.com/reberclark

Hmm, I wonder if that will work in Sam.
    Styxx

I'll tell you ... this Samplitude makes you work! I'm happy to have received it as a gift but may upgrade to V10 pro. SE V9 has it's limitations but more options than Cubase SE 3 so far.
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx View Post
    I thought it hard in Cubase, Sonar, and other DAW's to draw a constant line
    Agreed. That's why I use Sonar's Envelope tool with its predefined shapes instead now. Much easier to get smooth lines this way. Maybe Samplitude can do the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge View Post
    Agreed. That's why I use Sonar's Envelope tool with its predefined shapes instead now. Much easier to get smooth lines this way. Maybe Samplitude can do the same?
    I don't know however I hear claim Samplitude V10 Pro does quite an extraordinary editing for midi as well as audio.
    Styxx

Don't forget that one of the biggest problems with any MIDI controller is the 7 bit restriction. Hence the values of only 0-127. I have started using the Kore 2 controller with stuff, but when it comes to specific Mod data in something like Logic or another sequencer I usually just draw it in with the mouse (although this is rare, usually Finale handles it. lol)
    Jess Hendricks
    DMA Student and Teaching Asst in Music Theory/ Composition at the University of Miami
    Personal Website

Go Back to forum