• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: The Loneliest Love

Share/Bookmark

The Loneliest Love

I've had a little time to come up with a short piano tune.

It's called The Loneliest Love.

I'm not exactly sure what that means but it rolls off the tongue well.

It's the GPO Steinway and my trusty SampleTank Butterfly synth pad.

This one actually has some melody. Really!

http://www.box.net/shared/x79viqug4o

Re: The Loneliest Love

Nice job. This is very pretty (That's right, I said pretty!! Whacha gonna do about?!!) Sorry, my alter ego is a jerk!!

Anyway, this tune reminded me of that part in "The Truman Show" where Jim Carry meets his father after thinking that he was dead for all those years. It doesn't really sound like it, but it evokes the same emotion. I think that's what your title suggests. A love that wants to be found, but must go on alone. Sorry for being sentimental here.

I really enjoyed this tune and played it several times. I'm going to play it for my wife when I get home from teaching tonight. I know she is going to love it as well.

Keep up the great work.
    Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Phil

What a wonderful sappy song. Sorry, sappy just sort of came out. It does have a nice melody to it and is rendered nicely as well. If I had a girlfriend, I would play it for her and I am sure I would score big points with it.

The world needs sappy songs as sure as it needs heroic ballads. Am I digging a deeper hole?

I can easily see this as the ending credits are shown after a chick flick.

Deeper and deeper, right?

All kidding aside, this is just a great piece, perhaps a little short, but very effective. It is always nice to know that we can spread our wings and let a little bit of something else come thru from time to time.

Well done

Ron

Hi Phil,

Short, lovely, romantic, and unpretentious. A simply stated melody doesn't need much supporting it in the way of orchestration when it can stand so ably on its own... as yours does here. Thanks for sharing this touching piece!

Danny

Jonny

Thanks for the listen and nice comments.

I really enjoyed this tune and played it several times. I'm going to play it for my wife when I get home from teaching tonight. I know she is going to love it as well.
    Yes, have your wife listen to it. This is the sort of music I imagine being listened to especially by the fairer . It's like when you went to the movie as a kid and they would kiss on screen and the boys would all say yuck but the girls would smile.

The boys that were also smiling, those were the ones that the girls parent's had to worry about.

I glad you enjoyed it Jonny.

Ron

What a wonderful sappy song. Sorry, sappy just sort of came out. It does have a nice melody to it and is rendered nicely as well. If I had a girlfriend, I would play it for her and I am sure I would score big points with it.
    Sappy is fine with me. It's intended to be on the mushy side.

A sap is a guy who lets his heart control his better judgment. Maybe that's what I'm concerned about, enjoying my stoic bachelorhood, but in the distance I can hear the call of a siren.

All kidding aside, this is just a great piece, perhaps a little short, but very effective. It is always nice to know that we can spread our wings and let a little bit of something else come thru from time to time.
    When I get more time I would like expand on the basic idea and go off in some different emotional directions using orchestration.

Thanks for you support Ron.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by DDW View Post
    Hi Phil,

Short, lovely, romantic, and unpretentious. A simply stated melody doesn't need much supporting it in the way of orchestration when it can stand so ably on its own... as yours does here. Thanks for sharing this touching piece!

Danny
    Thanks Danny.

I think I could probably do more with it but if I don't get around to it I'm good with it for what it is.

Phil

Phil -

I enjoyed it, too. I makes for a fine interlude, and brings a smile to my face.

When I get more time I would like expand on the basic idea and go off in some different emotional directions using orchestration.
    If you do I'm more than interested in giving it a listen. Thank you for sharing it.

Joe

Thumbs up Re: The Loneliest Love

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    I've had a little time to come up with a short piano tune.

It's called The Loneliest Love.

I'm not exactly sure what that means but it rolls off the tongue well.

It's the GPO Steinway and my trusty SampleTank Butterfly synth pad.

This one actually has some melody. Really!

http://www.box.net/shared/x79viqug4o
    Romantic Deerhunter feeling!

Great!

Fred

Joe

Happy you enjoyed it.

If you do I'm more than interested in giving it a listen. Thank you for sharing it.
    I'm thinking this could be the second part of something larger. Probably a romantic refuge.

Fredrik

Romantic Deerhunter feeling!

Yes, or Time to Say Goodbye. Oozing out of the bark.

Thanks for the comments.

Phil

Sappy. Mushy. Oozing. Geez, Phil. I think I'll just
    stick with simple, pretty, to the point. But I hear
    strings, Phil. Lotsa strings...

Even when you don't put them in there, when you
    do this sort of gig I still hear Phil Spector quietly in
    the wings.

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com