• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Kontakt 2 does not see GPO or JABB

Share/Bookmark

Kontakt 2 does not see GPO or JABB

I just upgraded my computer and have had to reinstall Kontakt 2, GPO and JABB. I am using my original download files that worked on my previous computer.

However, now Kontakt 2 no longer sees GPO or JABB. I have used default installation paths and reinstalled twice to no avail. Can someone advise how to fix this?

Much appreciated.

Re: Kontakt 2 does not see GPO or JABB

You did install from the disc first, right? The CD/DVD holds the samples.

This might be a little off the mark, but..

Have you updated GPO and JABB to use the KP2 player?
    If you have GPO and JABB from a while back, they might only use KP1.

Cheers...

Similar to Nickie and Daz's responses:

Which download files are you referring to?

The KP2 update download is a standalone installer, requiring only the nks monolith files from the CD/DVD.

The GPO KP1 1.08 update I believe requires the install from the CD/DVD media first.

Can I jump in on this conversation, if all don't mind?

I too have had to re-install GPO and JaBB. My WinXP OS hard drive was going bad and I was getting many errors, so I removed it and formatted another HD and installed windows on it. I did all of windows updates before installing any software.

When I installed GPO and Jabb and did the KP2.2.4 update (I didn't check to see if either worked before updating KP) and loaded Kontakt Player, I have got no GPO or Jabb showing in the Kontakt player. Registration was a hassle because GPO was pre NI service center and I reached a dead website. I finally had success in registering but when I checked the serial numbers in my registration account in the NI Service Center, they are different than the ones I entered on my computer. NI site says I am registered.

I might as well own a radio without batteries or a connection to an electrical outlet. That is as much music as I can make right now.

Should I remove all GPO and JaBB (going through the hassle of re-registering) and start fresh again?
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by RichR View Post
    Can I jump in on this conversation, if all don't mind?

I too have had to re-install GPO and JaBB. My WinXP OS hard drive was going bad and I was getting many errors, so I removed it and formatted another HD and installed windows on it. I did all of windows updates before installing any software.

When I installed GPO and Jabb and did the KP2.2.4 update (I didn't check to see if either worked before updating KP) and loaded Kontakt Player, I have got no GPO or Jabb showing in the Kontakt player. Registration was a hassle because GPO was pre NI service center and I reached a dead website. I finally had success in registering but when I checked the serial numbers in my registration account in the NI Service Center, they are different than the ones I entered on my computer. NI site says I am registered.

I might as well own a radio without batteries or a connection to an electrical outlet. That is as much music as I can make right now.
    Rich,

You should be able to register GPO v1 through the service center app. That's what NI has told me. I haven't been able to get it to work, but I've been attributing that to a Vista-incompatibility thing with version1's authorization code. If you're registering the KP2 version you should have received a separate serial number for it by email back in the day.

Should I remove all GPO and JaBB (going through the hassle of re-registering) and start fresh again?
    That's probably the easiest approach. I've heard that you can just install from the KP2 installer and copy over the monolith files from the CDs/DVD with success too. No need to worry about v1 at all.

Best,
    Reegs

Quote:
    That's probably the easiest approach. I've heard that you can just install from the KP2 installer and copy over the monolith files from the CDs/DVD with success too. No need to worry about v1 at all.
    I have tried both ways and neither seems to get KP2 to see the samplers. I will try again. Do I need to install from the CDs (GPO) and DVD (JaBB) and then update from the Garritan Web site, then install KP2? What is the proper order. My GPO is pre-DVD version.

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by RichR View Post
    When I installed GPO and Jabb and did the KP2.2.4 update
    Hi Rich

There are a couple of updates available, and your may well have installed the updates for the player, but not installed the updates for the libraries.

I *strongly* suggest going to the NI website and downloading each of the KP2 updates for *both* libraries and installing both of them (even though you may have updated KP2 already)

For GPO, select "Garritan Personal Orchestra" when selecting a product to update (not "Garritan -Personal Orchestra KP2 Update"), then download "Garritan Personal Orchestra Kontakt Player 2.2.3 Win Update"
    This particular file has the updates not only for the Kontak2 player, but also the updates to the GPO library itself.

JABB will probably have the similar thing. From the Drop down list first select JABB and in the list that follows select the 2.2.3 update.

After installing those two, then use the 2.2.4 update.

Cheers...

Daz :0)

Thanks darrob. I did just that last night and found I had not done the JaBB KP update. So many updates, so little brains.
    I did have serial # problems but luckily I had written the derial #s that were registered in the Service Center before tearing out my old OS drive.

That did the trick. Now I have them running and happy (I hope). Now, if I could just remember how I got Finale 2002 and midi yoke to recognize the KP2 player. It was easy the first time I did it but now I can't remember and it seems so complicated.

Last step is that and I should be back in business.

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge View Post
    You did install from the disc first, right? The CD/DVD holds the samples.

Here is what I did. Hopefully my description will help nail the problem.

- my CD of GPO and JABB are for Knotakt 1 and so I have not used.
    - Rather I used a file I originally downloaded when updating from Kontakt 1 to 2 called GPO_KP2_2223_U_Win. This is an installer that gives the option of installing both Kontak2 and library.

Now I have not installed the library from my old disk. Should I have?

Go Back to forum