• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: -COFFEE HOUR AT BELLEVUE (with a euph solo!!)

Share/Bookmark

-COFFEE HOUR AT BELLEVUE (with a euph solo!!)

Hi Everyone,

I've spent quite a bit of time over the past couple of months editing and revising my middle school band stuff, so I desperately needed to do something different -- this is it. It's a little frantic and a little psychotic, so I call it Coffee Hour At Bellevue (orrrr.... Chock full o' Nuts).

JABB: piccolo, clarinet, alto sax, trumpet, trombone, bass trombone, piano, accordian, acoustic bass, brush drum set, bongos

CMB: solo trumpet, solo euphonium (SNORLAX!!), and the mighty sarrusaphone

http://www.dannywilliamsmusic.com/Co...AtBellevue.mp3

Thanks for listening!

Danny
    Last edited by DDW; 03-25-2008 at 02:29 PM. Reason: dementia

Re: -COFFEE HOUR AT BELLEVUE (with a euph solo!!)

Outstanding, Mr. Danny! I like this a lot and I think that Steve Sample will dig it also.

Great writing and instrumentation. You have much talent. Thanks for posting this.

My Best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Danny,

Very nice job. I especially enjoyed the "Muffin' Man" quote. It made me giggle!!

Sequenced, correct? Great balance and timing. I think if I listen to this again, I'll be able to hear many more cool things.

Awesome!!

Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Quote Originally Posted by DDW View Post
    and the mighty sarrusaphone
    At first I thought it was another dinosaur, but it really is a musical instrument. I liked this very much. A bit weird, something nuts also. Couldn't find the chocolate. Nice to end the day.... do this more please!!

Raymond

Danny

I gave up coffee years ago, but I am nuts. But I don't think you have to be nuts to like this. This badboy swings, jives, kicks and screams a little too.

What a great piece!!

This is my third time thru it and I hear more and more each time. A cornucopia (sp?) of sounds.

This is just another way for you to show us how it is done!

Perhaps in time I will get to be able to use sonar with such expertise.

Very well done there Danny, thanks for getting bored with your Middle school bandwork

Ron

Whatever it is they're putting in the coffee, I'll take a Grande! Deliciously twisted and way too much fun. It's always interesting to see what composers come up with when they need to clear out the cobwebs.
    Paul Baker
    Baker's Jazz And More
    Austin, Texas, USA
    www.bakersjazzandmore.com

Quote Originally Posted by bmdaustin View Post
    Whatever it is they're putting in the coffee, I'll take a Grande! Deliciously twisted and way too much fun. It's always interesting to see what composers come up with when they need to clear out the cobwebs.
    Definitely, for some of that coffee! And "fun" is exactly the word that comes to my mind!

Really well done, Danny. Creative, lively, well balanced.

Thanks for putting this out for us.

Joe

Cool - nice muted trumpets. I love the trombone interjection. Wait, be back in a sec. I have this crazy urge for a cup of coffee (maybe I should take the white jacket off first... oops can't get to my hands...)

I really like this. (even if it features Snorlax's instrument!) Now get back to work on that junior high stuff.

Thanks for sharing, I am in awe as always with your abilities.
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander View Post
    Outstanding, Mr. Danny! I like this a lot and I think that Steve Sample will dig it also.

Great writing and instrumentation. You have much talent. Thanks for posting this.

My Best,

Larry
    Thanks, Larry! Your words are always very encouraging and certainly well-respected. I appreciate, as always, your time and response!

Danny

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Lost
    Danny,

Very nice job. I especially enjoyed the "Muffin' Man" quote. It made me giggle!!

Sequenced, correct? Great balance and timing. I think if I listen to this again, I'll be able to hear many more cool things.

Awesome!!

Jonny
    Thanks, Jonny, for your response! I thought muffins would go well with coffee...

Unless I foresee something being performed by live musicians or being submitted to a publisher, I almost always go right to the sequencer (Sonar) and just put things down out of my head right away (since it doesn't hold much ). So, yes, this is 100% sequenced.

Glad you enjoyed this! Much appreciation for the good review!

Danny

Quote Originally Posted by raymond 62
    At first I thought it was another dinosaur, but it really is a musical instrument. I liked this very much. A bit weird, something nuts also. Couldn't find the chocolate. Nice to end the day.... do this more please!!

Raymond
    Whoops! I forgot the chocolate! Sorry, Raymond!

I'm glad, though, you enjoyed this cocoa-less concoction. Thanks for listening and responding!

Danny

Absolutely MOVIN' OUT...........

GREAT chart, Danny. Outstanding arranging. AWESOME sound.
    This is a real gem. Going into my JABB, etc. library.

BRAVO, Danny

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast