• Register
  • Help

Topic: NI Kontakt Player/SONAR/MIDI Envelope Problem

Share/Bookmark

NI Kontakt Player/SONAR/MIDI Envelope Problem

Hello !

I am having a problem with applying MIDI envelopes to MIDI tracks in SONAR generated with GPO. I am not sure if this is a GPO/NI problem or a SONAR problem, but when I apply the MIDI envelope, I can see the volume slider change in SONAR, I just cannot hear the volume itself change when NI is selected as output. I have read somewhere the NI requires CC7 or CC10 (not sure what that means) and that there is an option in NI Kontakt Player to change that ? Has anybody run into this ?

Thanks for your help in advance !

Regards,

Georg Pauwen

Re: NI Kontakt Player/SONAR/MIDI Envelope Problem

Quote Originally Posted by gpauwen View Post
    Hello !

I am having a problem with applying MIDI envelopes to MIDI tracks in SONAR generated with GPO. I am not sure if this is a GPO/NI problem or a SONAR problem, but when I apply the MIDI envelope, I can see the volume slider change in SONAR, I just cannot hear the volume itself change when NI is selected as output. I have read somewhere the NI requires CC7 or CC10 (not sure what that means) and that there is an option in NI Kontakt Player to change that ? Has anybody run into this ?

Thanks for your help in advance !

Regards,

Georg Pauwen
    To get to the checkbox for that, click on the gear icon of a loaded instrument, select the Controller tab, then Enable "Accept Standard controllers for Volume and Pan" (which are CC7 and 10).

Best,
    Reegs

Re: NI Kontakt Player/SONAR/MIDI Envelope Problem

Can also be a Sonar problem. In the past I had that too, not hearing any volume sliding. On the track involved there is an speaker icon. Click on it and then you hear your amends in Sonar. Unclick it when you jump to another track.

Raymond

Go Back to forum