• Register
  • Help

Topic: The case of the disappearing drivers

Share/Bookmark

The case of the disappearing drivers

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to reinstall GS3 kernel drivers without having to re-install the whole programm. I get a message 'kernel drivers not found' after installing Cubase 4 update (I've now deleted it), then 'Would you like to reinstall drivers now'. I've tried opening the programm with the application disk in, but somehow the drivers are nowhere to be found. I'd be more than grateful for any help before resigning myself to another re-install. Thanks very much

Re: The case of the disappearing drivers

Quote Originally Posted by mort View Post
    Can anyone tell me if it's possible to reinstall GS3 kernel drivers without having to re-install the whole programm. I get a message 'kernel drivers not found' after installing Cubase 4 update (I've now deleted it), then 'Would you like to reinstall drivers now'. I've tried opening the programm with the application disk in, but somehow the drivers are nowhere to be found. I'd be more than grateful for any help before resigning myself to another re-install. Thanks very much
    Hey Mort,

I believe they're installed as part of your audio interface's installation. Try uninstalling and re-installing your card's drivers.

Best,
    Belbin

Re: The case of the disappearing drivers

Hi Belbin,
    Thanks for your reply. I use a Tascam FW1884 as my interface and re-installed the drivers (!.6) as you suggested but, alas, no go on the Giga kernel drivers. The problem only occured after I installed the Cubase 4 update. Before that it was working perfectly. I've also asked at Tascam support but I haven't got any nearer to finding a solution. All the best, Mort

Go Back to forum