• Register
  • Help

Topic: Can anyone recommend a decent drum library?

Share/Bookmark

Can anyone recommend a decent drum library?

Hi

I\'m looking to recreate the sound of a jazz drummer for a recording that\'s in the pipeline and I need some sampled brush work.

Can anyone recommend a definitive jazz/general drum library (Giga or not) that might fit the bill. I\'ve heard the Peter Erskine demo and it sounds pretty fantastic.

Many thanks,
    Steve.

Re: Can anyone recommend a decent drum library?

We will have something coming very soon that will fit that bill perfectly.

Donnie

RE Peter Erskine, I have the set. It is extremely well recorded, and the brushes will probably five you what you want. But if you want the PATTERNS or loops, they are VERY limited. I find not enough of ANY tempo to construct a proper drum track.

Also, the kits are mapped non-standard. There are a couple of GM \'sets\' that qualify as cocktail sets, I guess, but need major editing to be a playable full-on set (the drums themselves ARE there, and can eventually be mapped into a great-sounding kit, but it\'s a LOT of work, especially if you\'re new to the Giga editor.

Waiting eagerly for Donnie.

Dasher

Thanks for the information guys. Donnie, will your new set feature multiple versions of the same hit (e.g. high hat with brushes) so that they can be programmed to sound \'real\'?

Dasher - people tell me that the best way to program drums is via sticks and a midi drum controller. Do you have any views on this approach.

Happy holidays,
    Steve.

ive got pure drums by yellow tools and topaz studio kits and they both have some jazz kits that sound good.

Go Back to forum