• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: A Statement of Truth - Gofriller, Strad and Piano

Share/Bookmark

A Statement of Truth - Gofriller, Strad and Piano

This is a short piece called, A Statement of Truth. It was fun to do and was all very spontaneous and I hope you like it. It is in two short sections.

Please, if you have any suggestions or comments on the composition, rendering or mixing, etc, let them fly!

Thanks for listening - Del

Click Here!
    Music happens to be an art form that transcends language. - Herbie Hancock

http://www.mdtcommunications.com

Re: A Statement of Truth - Gofriller, Strad and Piano

Del

This is beautiful work with the cello. I wish it was longer!!

Only one suggestion and it is minor at best...

When the second section begins, I would have loved to hear the piano do something a little more than just chords.

The rendering and the mix sound great!

Well done

Ron

I liked it and think it could be expanded.

The strings seemed to over power the piano some but that probably has more to do with the samples(more presence) than volumes.

Phil

Del,

This is a wonderful composition, full of character and quite a statement!
    I agree with Ron about the piano part when the cello and strad come in. I would say it needs just a tiny bit more movement.
    Well done!!!

Yudit

The music is lovely and the rendering is fantastic. I have to agree with the earlier posters that the only flaw with this is that it's so short. I want to hear more!

Quote Originally Posted by rolifer View Post
    Del

This is beautiful work with the cello. I wish it was longer!!

Only one suggestion and it is minor at best...

When the second section begins, I would have loved to hear the piano do something a little more than just chords.

The rendering and the mix sound great!

Well done

Ron
    Ron Glad you liked the cello! Thanks for the comments and suggestions! I always agonize about what to take out and what to add. I generally think less is more but I surprise myself sometimes when I add something more and it really enriches the part-turning it from ordinary to dynamic. And of course sometimes it totally wrecks or clouds the song so it gets trashed. That usually happens when I come back to the composition a day later and wonder what was I thinking!

Anyway, thanks for your honesty! I might be wrong but I think there are a lot of people in this forum who don't comment on pieces because they know they will have to raise some or many concerns. As long as people are kind and considerate in their concerns this is great. We all have much to learn.

Del

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    I liked it and think it could be expanded.

The strings seemed to over power the piano some but that probably has more to do with the samples(more presence) than volumes.

Phil
    Phil in the fastlane! Thanks for stopping by. Yes, it certainly could have been longer and developed a bit more. I generally don't really like pieces that are too long and do a lot of wandering unless they really have to be. I had no particular purpose in mind for this so it was what it was. Unconsciously I think I thought these 2 little parts would make a nice bridge or transition for something.

On the other hand I am going to try to spend a lot more time on one song rather than put out several new ones. So I am considering your suggestions. I have about 6 more finished pieces that I have not even put up yet.

Mixing is always a struggle and I agonize over the piano/string balance - I try to remember to listen on headphones as well as speakers. But unless everyone has their room and monitors calibrated it is pretty hard.

Del

Hi Del,

You post your music far too infrequently... this was a joy to listen to; lean, sparse, to the point, yet full and beautiful. That's not at all an easy accomplishment. Congratulations on this terrific little piece!

Danny

Quote Originally Posted by sunbird View Post
    Del,

This is a wonderful composition, full of character and quite a statement!
    I agree with Ron about the piano part when the cello and strad come in. I would say it needs just a tiny bit more movement.
    Well done!!!

Yudit
    Yudit - Thanks for taking the time to listen and you kind comments!

The music is lovely and the rendering is fantastic. I have to agree with the earlier posters that the only flaw with this is that it's so short. I want to hear more!

Quote Originally Posted by DDW View Post
    Hi Del,

You post your music far too infrequently... this was a joy to listen to; lean, sparse, to the point, yet full and beautiful. That's not at all an easy accomplishment. Congratulations on this terrific little piece!

Danny
    Danny - always a joy to hear from you - Thanks for your unique perspective!

Del

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast