• Register
  • Help

Topic: HELP!! GIGASTUDIO CLIPPING!!

Share/Bookmark

HELP!! GIGASTUDIO CLIPPING!!

I\'ve looked and looked and I can\'t find a clipping indicator on Gigastudio.

THERE MUST BE ONE. SO WHERE IS IT!!!

One would think you would find something under \"clipping\" in the index. But, no, that would be too easy.

J. Grant

Re: HELP!! GIGASTUDIO CLIPPING!!

I\'ve never seen a clipping indicator and I haven\'t seen anyone mention one. You can certainly go to the \"master\" tab (under DSP Station) and watch the output indicators there. Are you hearing clipping?

I sure am. Try setting velocity at 127 for several instruments, with many notes: you\'ll hear it alright!

John Grant

I noticed it on a piano the other day for the first time. Must check out the master in the DSP section and see if it shows clipping...

I suppose it could be the wav. recorder (whichever one you happen to be using) that\'s clipping, and that the samples themselves (played at whatever velocity settings) can\'t actually \"clip.\"

J.G.

You need to check the mixer for your soundcard. The clipping would be in the soundcard. Each soundcard clips at different levels. My old soundblaster clipped at much lower levels than the Echo board I\'m using now.

You need to bring up an audio recording app such as SoundForge, Sonar, etc. and check the levels. Bring up your soundcard mixer and start changing the levels until the clipping is eliminated. Remember that as you play more notes, the level gets hotter.

You can eliminate the soundcard from the chain by doing a capture to disk - they don\'t go through the card.

If you capture, and then load the wav into an audio editor and can see the clipping - then it must be Gigastudio.

Go Back to forum