• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Looks like I'm toast...

Share/Bookmark

Looks like I'm toast...

I had to replace my OS hard drive C: on my windows computer. I have all the software to re-start most of the important programs. Some though were gotten through download. Somehow I have misplace or never had registration keys for a few programs. (Those are not the really important ones though, anyway.)

I installed GPO and when it came time to register, NI said that I had to use there new Service Center as registration isn't done on a website. Since I had lost in on the other C: hard drive, I downloaded it from NI. Now, I think GPO and maybe Jabb are registered but I can't use them because the Kontakt Player 2.3 (whatever the latest and greatest is) loads into my sequencer with no GPO or JaBB engines (I guess thats what is missing.) The Red (JaBB) and brown (GPO) things on the left side that you choose your instruments from the library. It is just a blank player. What am I missing, or should I go learn how to knit?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Re: Looks like I'm toast...

I can help with knitting lessons...
    But I hope you will solve this problem before you are that desperate...

Yudit

Hi Rich

I'll bet that if you run GPO or JABB from the start menu, you will actually load up KP1. There are updates for GPO and JABB to get them to run on KP2.

Log in to the NI site, and look for downloads. When you find the updates for GPO and JABB, you will also need to download a new serial number. The serial is located on the same page as the updates.

Once updated, you should be able to see GPO and JABB from within Kontakt2

Cheers...

Daz :0)

Thanks for the reply guys.

Very funny Yudit. My wife even got a kick out of your response.

darrob,

I did as you suggested and found the serial numbers in question. Mine on the service center site are different than the ones listed in my accounts area. Also the Service Center shows my KP2 player as not being registered. The serial numbers are blank. Upon checking my stand alone KP2 I noticed that the info screen showed my license type as unknown. Therefore it is not registered. I do not know how to fix that. It was registerd on my old hard drive.

I did get a note from NI saying that I have my registration numbers and the KP2 had an email that gave me my registration number. If I had that email, it unfortunately went with the old drive. The site I used for my email is one that downloads directly into outlook express and is gone from online. I will now have to beg on bended knee to get a serial number for something I own. (Which they have already said that I have my quota.)

I don't know how to re-install it all, but maybe tomorrow I will just wipe the drive clean of all Native Instrument stuff and Garritan files and start all over again. I would imagine that means didling in the registry and really making a mess of things. Talk about feeling alienated.

But thanks for the help anyway. I really do appreciate it.

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by RichR
    Also the Service Center shows my KP2 player as not being registered. The serial numbers are blank.
    Don't worry about that, that's normal.
    I think that a serial number only gets entered there if you have the full version of Kontakt2, thus having an unrestricted version of kontakt2 player.
    The standalone version of Kontak2 player that comes with the JABB and GPO updates (and CoMB, for that matter) will only be able to load the 'powered by NI' libraries that are registered.

If you have downloaded/bought any NI libraries that do not come with a player, you will not be able to use that standalone player to load them.

Upon checking my stand alone KP2 I noticed that the info screen showed my license type as unknown. Therefore it is not registered.
    It is actually registered, see the above.

I don't know how to re-install it all, but maybe tomorrow I will just wipe the drive clean of all Native Instrument stuff and Garritan files and start all over again.
    The main question is: After installing the Garritan updates, are you now able to access the GPO and JABB libraries? If so, don't go through the hassle of uninstalling/re-installing. It is all fine.

Hope that you do manage to get things sorted.

Cheers...

Daz :0)

I cannot access the libraries at all. KP2 doesn't load either of them. KP2 is just blank.
    I guess I will wait for word from NI.

Thanks for your help.

Rich

Did you put the libraries in the right file ? Is this why Kontakt can't find them ?
    Just a thought

What's the right file? You mean Personal Orchestra in the Personal Orchestra file and Jazz and Big Band in the Jazz and Big Band file? Yes to that, I installed from my Cds and DVD and just changed the hard drive from c: to d: when asked where I want them installed.

Thanks for trying anyway.

Rich

I am no longer toast! It was a week of pure boredom and torture and panic all rolled into one unpleasant experience.

But for the help of many of you, the kind and confident prod of Gary Garritan at the chat last night, and a couple of really good and nice tech people (unfortunately not NI tech but other techies for other software) I am back up and running. I solved my last obstacle this morning and got Finale 2002 and Kontakt Player 2 to recognize each other.

Reformatting and re-installing are as much fun as watching paint dry!

I am glad (so far) that I did it though. I know have a much larger C: hard drive and all the little gremlins that were plaguing me are vanguished to cyber doom somewhere (and I really don't care where). My machine is now faster and leaner than ever.

Thanks to all who helped. I really appreciate it!

Rich

Well, I have been following your problem, and had not the faintest idea of a solution. Now it is solved, and I can relax.

Richard

Go Back to forum