• Register
  • Help

Topic: Love Story - Small Symphonic poem for orchestra

Share/Bookmark

Love Story - Small Symphonic poem for orchestra

Hi boys,
    Finally, I'm back after being in hospital for a bad infection to my heart...I spent 10 days in hospital and more than 2 months at home. But now, after this bad period, I'm back with a new piece to let you hear. This time I want to show you a small work made for a small orchestra which is going to perform this very soon. This time, inspiration was brought to me by a girl I fell in love time ago who has been near to me in this period of difficulty. This work is dedicated to her. Hope you'll enjoy this.

Love Story - Symphonic poem

Note: at the end of the piece you can hear the theme of Picture n.4, a work I posted in this forum very long time ago.

Bye,

Andrea.
    www.andreacomposer.com - News, previews, medias, discography and sheet music download.

"Square" - The debut album by Andrea Maria Ottavini

Available on http://cdbaby.com/cd/amottavini

Shortly even through iTunes, Napster, Great Indie Music and USA Stores.

Re: Love Story - Small Symphonic poem for orchestra

Good morning Andrea,

you must have a great heart and greater love for this girl to make such music. Very nice piece. Maybe here and there a bit better rendering, to let other instruments speak for themselves. IN any case a great piece for the sunday morning. How come that is has some "dark" moments? Thank you for posting.

Raymond

Raymond,

Thanks for the comment. I inserted these dark moments 'cause, beyond a love song, this is a piece where I try to show my feelings to the audience. The days spent in hospital and the loneliness in those days surely influenced these moments but, soon, they're replaced by the "light" that this girl brought to me when I thought to be alone.
    Thank you again Raymond.

Regards,

Andrea.
    www.andreacomposer.com - News, previews, medias, discography and sheet music download.

Hi Andrea. Touching little piece here. I’m sorry for all of troubles when you were ill, but I am glad you had somebody who helped you get through those difficult times. I didn’t think too much about the “darkness” Raymond mentioned – to me the light is that much brighter if set against the dark – it helps shape it and give it meaning.

Glad you are back with us sharing music.
    Trent P. McDonald

Beautiful piece, Andrea! Very nicely done. This young lady must be someone very special. Thank you for sharing!

Gary
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Hi Andrea,

Very dramatic (especially the piano... loved it!) and well orchestrated piece. Nice handling of harmonies throughout as well. Dynamically very expressive (though I think it may have a touch of distortion in a couple of spots??).

Very impressive piece of music! Glad you're back and feeling better!

Danny

Thank you all. I really appreciated your words and comments. In the first post I forgot to put the score of this work. I'd like if someone could play this even out of my town and out of Italy.

Here's the link:

Love Story - Symphonic Poem

Thank you again.

Regards,

Andrea.

So sorry to hear of your ill health, Andrea! May we all
    hope your recovery is progressing well and smoothly.

My apologies for not getting to this intriguing orchestral
    exploration of darkness and emerging light sooner; the
    emotive content in this is quite engaging and effective.

Well done!

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Thank you David. I really appreciated your comment. It's rare to recieve a comment that defines my work "intriguing". Seems like my first experience with a small symphonic poem had good results.
    Thank you again,

Best regards,

Andrea.

Go Back to forum