• Register
  • Help

Topic: Fire Storm

Share/Bookmark

Fire Storm

The name is descriptive of my intent. The piece is and outgrowth of Skokiono, from which most of it was extracted and modified. It is quite fast and stormy. I would like it faster, but that is probably impossible. Tonality is present, but not definite. There is a greater amount of dynamic change than I usually specify. Length is 3 minutes, 1 second.

Fire Storm

Done with Garritan Steinway (what else?) and Sonar, using my Fatar keyboard.

Richard

Re: Fire Storm

There’s no mistaking this for anything but the music of Richard Wayland, though there are parts of this that remind me a little of some of (don’t hate me for saying this) Phillip Glass’ early works (like from the ‘60s and ‘70s). More harmonically complex, maybe, but a similar feel.

This piece does fit its title very well, particularly the beginning and, to a lesser extent, the end. I really liked this piece.
    Trent P. McDonald

Richard:
    I agree that this piece is aptly named. Being a trombone player, I have to ask: Is this playable by one human being? I am quite awed by the overall impact of this composition--Wow!

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by sosmus View Post
    Richard:
    I agree that this piece is aptly named. Being a trombone player, I have to ask: Is this playable by one human being? I am quite awed by the overall impact of this composition--Wow!

Steve
    Well, Steve, I know three people who could play it, and not one of them is me. The main difficulty is the rapid wide leaps. I confess to being particularly pleased with this piece.

It seems to me that it is time for me to write something a bit more placid, that my ancient shoulders and elbows could manage without pain. But I am also toying with the idea of a sequel to this that would by comparison make this sound like a lullaby, which may be impossible.

Richard

Richard

Your music is always recognizable. The drive, the method and the style are always there whether the piece stays towards tonality or not.

The name fits perfect as well.

Well done
    Ron

A truly magnificent piece from your «pen» ! I haven't had much time to listen lately to the music here, but I couldn't resist listening to this. It made my day ! Thank you.
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Well, thanks, Ron & Louis! Your comments are encouraging. Now I am trying to find a way to top this, but I don't think I can. Maybe while catching up on my yard work and gardening I will develop an idea that occurred to me just before falling asleep last night.

Richard

That's fantastic Richard. I also haven't had a lot of time for listening recently, but can never resist when I happen to spot one of your posts - ever since hearing HappyPachy I've been captivated by your style. You should definitely try to top this, then send the score to someone like Marc Andre Hamelin.

Any chance you could post the pdf of this one? My shoulders won't do it either, but I'd like to die trying.

One of your more driven, and I must say impressive, pieces,
    Richard. This thing has an aura, and it's definitely on fire.
    And yet... I detect shades of the water themes you so
    often gravitate toward in your works. Are we perhaps
    witnessing two elements that have more in common than
    we know?

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum