Having recently ordered, as I now with great anticipation await the arrival of the Steinway, I am thinking about the installation process and have a few questions.
1. If I install the 24 bit installation (which takes 67GB of disc space), then do I somehow mix it down to 16 bit when using a DAW such as Sonar 7Producer edition and outputting to MP3 or WAV file? Or should I just install the 16 bit version?
2. Will I be able to add the Aria synth into Sonar PE 7 or need to do some gyrations to have Sonar discover a new synth?
3. Is it possible to install the samples to my Raid 0 array, and the executables and program files to my C:\ drive?
4. As I am a newbie to Sonar 7, I was wondering if anyone might have a template or good design to set up in Sonar 7 for recording the Steinway? Do you recommend a certain reverb or other plug in? Are there certain tracks or busses that one should set up, in order to create the most beautiful and realistic possible recordings with the Steinway? Is it possible to just use the reverb supplied with the Aria engine and not use the Sonitus or other reverbs within Sonar? Which one sounds best?
5. Are there any other settings under XP professional that need tweaking in order to make best use of this sample?
Thanks so much in advance for your help!