• Register
  • Help

Topic: Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring/Snowflakes & Candlelight

Share/Bookmark

Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring/Snowflakes & Candlelight

I'd like to share a couple of the tunes from the CD my friends and I put together back in 2006, Yuletide Blessings. These tunes were done before I had the current computer I have now, so I had to really jump through hoops because of memory limitations on my old machine. Majority of the sounds are from GPO. Unfortunately I didn't have JABB at the time (do now), so the drum set a few other sounds are soundfonts. Enjoy!

Gary

myspace.com/serenitymusician
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Re: Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring/Snowflakes & Candlelight

Interesting take on Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring and nicely executed, but, I have to admit, not my favorite. Just a personal thing – I don’t think it really fits the style.

On the other hand, I really enjoyed Snowflakes and Candlelight. Very pretty.
    Trent P. McDonald

Quite the expansive presentation on "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring". Certainly there are many ways to approach this and yours fits nicely here I think. The "Snowflakes & Candlelight" is nice, quaint and aptly titled. Nice presentation and production with the sound libraries. Thanks for sharing these works with the forum.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring

Wow, this is different .. and I liked it! Very, "orchestral meets new age". You have this "forward drive" with the percussion and piano yet the beautiful themes are "slow and lush" over top. Excellent version!

Snowflakes & Candlelight

Very charming, soft, and introspective. Much enjoyed; especially the delightful cello.

Michael
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments from all of you. These pieces were very much a labor of love. Snowflakes & Candlelight will hopefully performed this coming December. That tune was the favorite of the group of ladies that I worked with in putting our CD together. Getting feedback from you all is so appreciated! And I am so thankful for what Gary Garritan has made available to us. If I can find a way, I really would like to post my other favorite from the CD, Good Christian Men, Take Five. That one's a blast!

Gary

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

An unusual but emminently satisfying take on the
    Jesu, Gary... I liked this, a very unexpected
    treatment through the opening.

Very nice melodic work and mood setting in
    Snowflakes, I enjoyed the simplicity and clarity
    of it... beautiful string work in this!

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Thank you so much, David, for your kind words. I wrote the arrangement of Jesu years ago, way before there was ever anything Garritan, using an old Yamaha sound card. And Snowflakes was originally played on a Roland Sound Canvas card. What a difference with the Garritan libraries! I really spent a lot of time working on the strings for Snowflakes and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

By the way, I listened to several of your pieces on your website. Very impressive! I especially liked your The Departure of Rosa Parks. Reminded me of some of the styles of the late David Diamond.

Again, thanks so much for your feedback. It's greatly appreciated.

Gary

Go Back to forum