• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: First Steinway Demos Now Posted

Share/Bookmark

First Steinway Demos Now Posted

We have posted the first of our Authorized Steinway Virtual Concert Grand demos.

Here is the link:

http://garritan.com/steinway_demos.html

We expect this to be our most popular product yet. Like our other products, this list willl grow to many hundreds of demos. These initial demos were intentionally made by working musicians with no external audio treatment. We purposely did not have these professionally produced so you can hear the Virtual Steinway in a variety of real world uses - from live play in Standalone, to sequencer to notation programs. We tried to show a variety of versions and perspectives. Demos from Steinway Artists are also in the works.

Many thanks to Dan Kury (DPDan), David Sosnowski, (etLux), Thomas Penders, David Tkaczuk and Bill DeWitt (valhalx) for doing such an amazing job on these demos. And a big bravo to Steinway & Sons and to David Viens and the team at Plogue for making this possible.

Enjoy!

Gary Garritan

Re: First Steinway Demos Now Posted

Here's the first demo on the page:

The Scherzo No. 2 in B flat minor, Op. 31
    Composed by Frederic Chopin
    Sequenced byDan Kury
    Version: Professional/Classic Perspective
    The Scherzo No. 2 in B flat minor, Op. 31 is Frederic Chopin's most famous scherzo. This work is very popular among pianists and features energetic, strong chords contrasted with light and playful sections. Dan Kury meticulously sequenced this scherzo and modeled it after a Yundi Li interpretation.

Hello Gary,

My heartiest congratulations.

Whilst I am not a fan of the Steinway piano (I'm careful of my wording here) this is a magnificent achievement.

Now that you have launched this library and am now able to focus attention on your remaining projects I'm looking forward to more libraries using your new ARIA player.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

And the Second:

Images Oubliees No. 1 (Reflections in the Water)
    Composed by Claude Debussy
    Performed by David Tkaczuk
    Standalone Mode using Record to Audio
    Version: Basic
    Reflections in the Water ( Reflets dans l'eau) is one of the Debussy's well-known water pieces which the composer imagined pebbles dropping into the water and seeing the ripples make concentric circles. With this piece, pianist David Tzaczuk shows the tone color potential of the Steinway Basic version in Standalone mode, played live using the Record to Audio feature. Please note this is the $99 basic version.

Magnificent.

The demos sound fantastic. I look forward to adding this instrument to my arsenal!
    Congratulations on its release!

WOW!
    These are amazing performances on what is going to be a standard that will be hard to beat. My hats off to the Garritan team on this one!

I am in awe of the sound and the technique of the players and composers. I know some of these are not played live but I could not tell you which!

Also, think about it... we are hearing these in mp3 format. They are compressed. Can you imagine on a good studio sound card and system coming through at full non-compressed quality what these would sound like!

Thanks Gary and all the guys for this!
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Thumbs up Re: First Steinway Demos Now Posted

Holy Ivory Batman! All I had to hear was the first chord! Yup! That's the unique sound of a Steinway and played perfectly to boot! Gary, I am sure you out did yourself for now. What I mean by "for now" is that you will be up to something just as pronominal soon.
    Congratulations to Gary Garritan, Steinway & Son's, and all who had a hand in this totally stupendous library!

Ok, Mine ... I have to have MINE!
    Styxx

Where's Clair de Lune byDebussy? Someone has to render my favorite piano piece with the Steinway, yes?

The demos are fantastic! Wow doesn't do justice. This is ridiculousl real as real sounding can be! Way to go!
    Styxx

Any Pop style demos on the way?

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast