• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Finally about done with the new studio (pics)

Share/Bookmark

Finally about done with the new studio (pics)

Just thought I'd share what has been a labor of love for the past 8 months or so. I really should have taken "before" pics because this was a completely unfinished basement with green painted cynder-block walls and a concrete floor that was half tiled with 50 year-old tile. I used my phone for the pics which isnt the best but you get the idea. It's not as nice as some I've seen but I have all the basics to get started with more acoustic recording now including a vocal booth and a couple of small iso-booths for guitar cabs and such, I still have to build the doors for them. I also have a few finishing touches to make like the base of the floor support and the floors of the iso booths. The far left closet is just a closet with my electrical service which I am going to be replacing in the coming weeks/months. I designed the desk from pictures of others I've seen on these forums and a good friend of mine built it for me. The keyboard slides out on 18" slides which is pretty cool. The only thing that kinda sucks is how far back I am from the computer monitors when the keyboard is slid out. They are 19" monitors but I think I'll have to get some 24"s or something when I can afford it.

Re: Finally about done with the new studio (pics)

Thanks for posting Eric. I always enjoy looking at studio pics. Nice colour, looks good!

thats the exact color I want! I'm jealous, it looks amazing. but I'm also happy for you

Looks like that space will promote lots of creativity!!

-Alex

I wish my studio looked that good!

--Richard

Eric, nice studio! I'm jealous. Now that's a room to enjoy working in.
    I noticed the pole, Home Depot sells "Pole Wrap" that is made of wood, easy to install, and looks awesome! I used "Pole Wrap" in my little studio as well as other parts of my basement. Cost is somewhat nominal and comes in various size dimensions for perfect fit. If you decide to use it, you will not regret the aesthetics it gives your room.
    Here's a link you may like to view. It's less expensive at H.D.

http://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai=B...ecoverings.com
    Styxx

Here's another link showing how it looks in a finished basement.

http://www.polewrap.com/
    Styxx

That is one very sweet setup! it looks fabulous

I wish I had a mixer like in my system!

Thanks for making me jealous erm...

Simon
    www.sounds-and-images.co.uk

And now also at Flickr!

http://flickr.com/photos/sounds-and-images/

www.myspace.com/simonfielder

NorthernSounds.NET.
    View Simon Fielder's Profile at NorthernSounds.net

Thanks so much for the nice comments guys. Styxx, thanks for the pole wrap stuff. I'd never seen that before. Now I know what to do with it. I wish I had a better picture of the paint. It's actually a colorwash with a sort of light terracotta and then an orange glaze rag-washed ontop of it. Gives it real depth to look at.

It HAS been a lot of work and of course, like all home repair or remodeling projects, it has superceded the original budget.

I love the console but my old Dell P4 2.4 didnt like the firewire drivers. Knowing that I was out-of-date with my old machine and in need of an upgrade before some scheduled projects for later this year, I went ahead and took the plunge into a new dedicated DAW by Sonic Labs. It should arrive about two Mondays from now and then I can start the task of reloading eveything from the ground up. I cant wait to see how well it performs as my machine is about 5 years old right now. I will of course keep the old machine as a slave. It still serves me quite well actually.

The whole thing is scaring me financially but I fully intend to change careers as the composing gigs are getting bigger and bigger and I can use my new recording facilities to hopefully fill in the blanks.

Do what you love and never work another day of your life. I think that's how the saying goes.

Thanks guys,

Eric

Talking Re: Finally about done with the new studio (pics)

Excellent! Great setup. Love that MicroKORG too!

Nice Room Man!!
    All I can Say is...HA!...HA!...HAAAAAAA!!!!!

Go Back to forum