• Register
  • Help

Topic: Using KP2 with Finale

Using KP2 with Finale

I am using Finale 2006 now, and would like to set it up so that I can load up Garritan's Personal Orchestra's patches in the Kontakt Player 2 from the setup wizard when creating a new file. It works fine for KP1, of course, but not for KP2- I can only now manually match the channels with the patches in KP2. I cannot find the exact answer anywhere! Some people have replied that a person can set Finale to use the KP1 backup GPO library, but I want it to work with KP2 since it has so many advantages. Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

Re: Using KP2 with Finale

What operating system are you using?
    Brad Pearson
    THG Music
    Spokane WA

MacBook Pro (2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo), 3 gig RAM, OS 10.6.5, Finale 2011b, GPO4 & CMB2

I am using Windows XP Home.

This has got to have something to do with the fact that the GPO does not natively open with KP2. So final tries to load them up with KP1 but of course the files won't load and I must do it manually.

Perth, Western Australia

You may run into a problem.

Finale2006 HP will not recognise GPO under KP2.

You will get playback, but without the proper controllers used for volume etc.
    This is of course not a problem if you're not using HP.

The files you require can be found here: http://makemusic.custhelp.com/cgi-bi...hp?p_faqid=644

There are some additional links under the heading "Answers others found helpful" that you may want to look at.

Daz :0)

Hey, thanks for that link darrob. I found updated text files that allow Finale to load up instances of KP2. However KP2 still does not automatically load up the patches themselves. At least I'm closer to the solution. I left a question on their site, so I will update this thread if it works out.

Go Back to forum