• Register
  • Help

Topic: Writing for an Airplane

Share/Bookmark

Writing for an Airplane

Has anybody written or mixed music that is played on an airplane? You know, those tiny speakers that are on the ceiling.

I know the sonic range will be limited in the low end, but wondering if you would need to make the mix mono.
    "International Award Winning Arabic Fusion"
    www.ajmusiconline.com

2xMac Pro 2.66, OS 10.4.9,Pro Tools 7.4.8,Waves Plat,Altiverb
    4xVisionDaw PC,NI Komplete, All Play 1.2.5 Libraries

Re: Writing for an Airplane

Hi,
    Not sure if airplane audio is stereo/mono, but your post made me think of a plug-in I just read about called "MaxxBass" (by Waves0. You might find IT useful for tweaking your final mix. It's supposed to extend perceived bass, which could help compensate for lack of low-end on an airplane playback systems. Here's a bit of their spiel:

"MaxxBass® uses psycho-acoustics to calculate precise harmonics that are related to the fundamental tones of sound. When these harmonics are combined, it creates the effect of lower, deeper frequencies."

Hope this is useful...

Quote Originally Posted by dubaifox View Post
    Has anybody written or mixed music that is played on an airplane? You know, those tiny speakers that are on the ceiling.

I know the sonic range will be limited in the low end, but wondering if you would need to make the mix mono.

Go Back to forum