• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Topic: Unique Category of Beta Tester/Composer Sought

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Thumbs up Unique Category of Beta Tester/Composer Sought

    Unique Category of Beta Tester/Composer Sought


    We are in the final stages of a major release. Without giving away too much information, he is what we need…

    1. You must be a major fan of RUSH and be extremely familiar with their music and sound.
    2. You must be able to compose high-end MIDI tracks in vein of their modern work.
    3. You must use Kontakt 3

    If you are this person and are interested, please submit your finest RUSH style track and allow us to audition it. From there, we will select one person for the gig. You will be working exclusively with Francis Belardino.

    http://www.beladmedia.com/upload.htm

    1. Be certain that the mp3 contains your full name
    2. Upload your mp3
    3. Contact us after uploading

    Best always,
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

  2. #2

    Re: Unique Category of Beta Tester/Composer Sought

    Quote Originally Posted by Bela D Media View Post
    Unique Category of Beta Tester/Composer Sought

    3. You must use Kontakt 3
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAgggghh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Sorry, I've never heard of rush, but I read this, and just had to let my panic out. Looks like the writing is on the wall for those of us who haven't upgraded yet. I was hoping everyone would carry on developing on Kontakt2 until Kontakt went 64bit, which was when I intended upgrading.

    Guess I'll have to shell out for the upgrade if there are going to be a slew of Kontakt3 only libraries.

  3. #3
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Chandler, Arizona
    Posts
    4,045

    Re: Unique Category of Beta Tester/Composer Sought

    I'm a major Rush fan but I won't upgrade to Kontakt 3 until it's x64. So please do products in Kontakt 2.

    Jim

  4. #4

    Re: Unique Category of Beta Tester/Composer Sought

    Ooooops, I've never heard of rush... .

    Jim, Kontakt 3 is great!
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

    Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

  5. #5

    Re: Unique Category of Beta Tester/Composer Sought

    Despite Kontakt 3 being 32bit still, it does have it's advantages over Kontakt 2
    Most notably, Kontakt 3 breaks the 4096 sample limitation of Kontakt 2
    This spells out to more complex/realistic instruments. And with the scripting, most of it can be ran underneath the hood.

    How long should developers wait to take advantage of features in Kontakt 3? It's already been out 6 months. Kontakt 2 has been discontinued since. Should they still be doing Kontakt 1.5 as well?

    Another thing to note: Just because Francis is looking for a beta tester with Kontakt 3 now, doesn't mean he's releasing it today. More than likely, by the time it's released, probably the Kontakt 3 64bit version will be released (if I recall, the 64bit version was slated for summer release) If not, I'm sure it will be soon after.

    Can't live in the past forever - it's just the way the computer industry goes

  6. #6

    Re: Unique Category of Beta Tester/Composer Sought

    Aaron Dirk,

    I have to agree 100%!

    I am learning every day to use K3 best (programming), and if I look to the programming that many developers did in the past, I would say they use only 10 or 20% from all the great things whish you can do so many great things in this great sampler!

    Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

    Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

  7. #7

    Re: Unique Category of Beta Tester/Composer Sought

    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Dirk View Post
    Despite Kontakt 3 being 32bit still, it does have it's advantages over Kontakt 2
    Most notably, Kontakt 3 breaks the 4096 sample limitation of Kontakt 2
    This spells out to more complex/realistic instruments. And with the scripting, most of it can be ran underneath the hood.

    How long should developers wait to take advantage of features in Kontakt 3? It's already been out 6 months. Kontakt 2 has been discontinued since. Should they still be doing Kontakt 1.5 as well?

    Another thing to note: Just because Francis is looking for a beta tester with Kontakt 3 now, doesn't mean he's releasing it today. More than likely, by the time it's released, probably the Kontakt 3 64bit version will be released (if I recall, the 64bit version was slated for summer release) If not, I'm sure it will be soon after.

    Can't live in the past forever - it's just the way the computer industry goes
    Thanks Aaron,
    To be honest I was unaware that Kontakt3 had any serious advantages. Those that were emphasised in the customer-level publicity were extremely superficial - things such as the GUI, the library - certainly not stuff for which I would have risked another bug-ridden, expensive upgrade.

    If you're telling me that there is a reason to go K3, though, then I'll do it. BelaD are one of the few developers who really use the heck out of Kontakt's features, so I trust you to know.

  8. #8

    Re: Unique Category of Beta Tester/Composer Sought

    Quote Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
    BelaD are one of the few developers who really use the heck out of Kontakt's features, so I trust you to know.
    Peter Siedlaczek and Giorgio Tommasini did it too by realizing their "The Trumpet".
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

    Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

  9. #9

    Re: Unique Category of Beta Tester/Composer Sought

    Quote Originally Posted by germancomponist View Post
    Peter Siedlaczek and Giorgio Tommasini did it too by realizing their "The Trumpet".
    Oh I absolutely agree. There are a few developers who I think really use the instrument. Gary of course, Peter and Giorgio, SonicCouture, BelaDMedia, Westgate Studios...I didn't mean to disparage anyone else by just mentioning BelaD.

  10. #10

    Re: Unique Category of Beta Tester/Composer Sought

    Quote Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
    Oh I absolutely agree. There are a few developers who I think really use the instrument. Gary of course, Peter and Giorgio, SonicCouture, BelaDMedia, Westgate Studios...I didn't mean to disparage anyone else by just mentioning BelaD.
    Yes, they used it all, but I was more talking about using all the great
    opportunities in Kontakt, and many developers used not all the great opportunities... .

    As I know Gary will not use Kontakt 3 because he has his own Aria Player now..., same with EastWest with their "Play" and some others... .

    But for me, I will use Samplers and not Players! I want to have all the opportunities in edit mode.

    Best,

    Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

    Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •