• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Unique Category of Beta Tester/Composer Sought

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up Unique Category of Beta Tester/Composer Sought

Unique Category of Beta Tester/Composer Sought

We are in the final stages of a major release. Without giving away too much information, he is what we need…

1. You must be a major fan of RUSH and be extremely familiar with their music and sound.
    2. You must be able to compose high-end MIDI tracks in vein of their modern work.
    3. You must use Kontakt 3

If you are this person and are interested, please submit your finest RUSH style track and allow us to audition it. From there, we will select one person for the gig. You will be working exclusively with Francis Belardino.

http://www.beladmedia.com/upload.htm

1. Be certain that the mp3 contains your full name
    2. Upload your mp3
    3. Contact us after uploading

Best always,
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Re: Unique Category of Beta Tester/Composer Sought

Quote Originally Posted by Bela D Media View Post
    Unique Category of Beta Tester/Composer Sought

3. You must use Kontakt 3
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAgggghh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I've never heard of rush, but I read this, and just had to let my panic out. Looks like the writing is on the wall for those of us who haven't upgraded yet. I was hoping everyone would carry on developing on Kontakt2 until Kontakt went 64bit, which was when I intended upgrading.

Guess I'll have to shell out for the upgrade if there are going to be a slew of Kontakt3 only libraries.

I'm a major Rush fan but I won't upgrade to Kontakt 3 until it's x64. So please do products in Kontakt 2.

Jim

Ooooops, I've never heard of rush... .

Jim, Kontakt 3 is great!
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Despite Kontakt 3 being 32bit still, it does have it's advantages over Kontakt 2
    Most notably, Kontakt 3 breaks the 4096 sample limitation of Kontakt 2
    This spells out to more complex/realistic instruments. And with the scripting, most of it can be ran underneath the hood.

How long should developers wait to take advantage of features in Kontakt 3? It's already been out 6 months. Kontakt 2 has been discontinued since. Should they still be doing Kontakt 1.5 as well?

Another thing to note: Just because Francis is looking for a beta tester with Kontakt 3 now, doesn't mean he's releasing it today. More than likely, by the time it's released, probably the Kontakt 3 64bit version will be released (if I recall, the 64bit version was slated for summer release) If not, I'm sure it will be soon after.

Can't live in the past forever - it's just the way the computer industry goes

Aaron Dirk,

I have to agree 100%!

I am learning every day to use K3 best (programming), and if I look to the programming that many developers did in the past, I would say they use only 10 or 20% from all the great things whish you can do so many great things in this great sampler!

Gunther

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Dirk View Post
    Despite Kontakt 3 being 32bit still, it does have it's advantages over Kontakt 2
    Most notably, Kontakt 3 breaks the 4096 sample limitation of Kontakt 2
    This spells out to more complex/realistic instruments. And with the scripting, most of it can be ran underneath the hood.

How long should developers wait to take advantage of features in Kontakt 3? It's already been out 6 months. Kontakt 2 has been discontinued since. Should they still be doing Kontakt 1.5 as well?

Another thing to note: Just because Francis is looking for a beta tester with Kontakt 3 now, doesn't mean he's releasing it today. More than likely, by the time it's released, probably the Kontakt 3 64bit version will be released (if I recall, the 64bit version was slated for summer release) If not, I'm sure it will be soon after.

Can't live in the past forever - it's just the way the computer industry goes
    Thanks Aaron,
    To be honest I was unaware that Kontakt3 had any serious advantages. Those that were emphasised in the customer-level publicity were extremely superficial - things such as the GUI, the library - certainly not stuff for which I would have risked another bug-ridden, expensive upgrade.

If you're telling me that there is a reason to go K3, though, then I'll do it. BelaD are one of the few developers who really use the heck out of Kontakt's features, so I trust you to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
    BelaD are one of the few developers who really use the heck out of Kontakt's features, so I trust you to know.
    Peter Siedlaczek and Giorgio Tommasini did it too by realizing their "The Trumpet".

Quote Originally Posted by germancomponist View Post
    Peter Siedlaczek and Giorgio Tommasini did it too by realizing their "The Trumpet".
    Oh I absolutely agree. There are a few developers who I think really use the instrument. Gary of course, Peter and Giorgio, SonicCouture, BelaDMedia, Westgate Studios...I didn't mean to disparage anyone else by just mentioning BelaD.

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
    Oh I absolutely agree. There are a few developers who I think really use the instrument. Gary of course, Peter and Giorgio, SonicCouture, BelaDMedia, Westgate Studios...I didn't mean to disparage anyone else by just mentioning BelaD.
    Yes, they used it all, but I was more talking about using all the great
    opportunities in Kontakt, and many developers used not all the great opportunities... .

As I know Gary will not use Kontakt 3 because he has his own Aria Player now..., same with EastWest with their "Play" and some others... .

But for me, I will use Samplers and not Players! I want to have all the opportunities in edit mode.

Best,

Gunther

Go Back to forum