• Register
  • Help

Topic: Orchestral (sort of) demo

Share/Bookmark

Orchestral (sort of) demo

I was wondering if some folks could offer constructive criticism about my first attempt at a demo.
    I know enough about music to get in trouble, but am just a beginner at mixing. The concept here was a theme with very wide variations. Just trying to do my best with limited knowledge and samples. (Sorry...the address is correct, but I can\'t get the link to work. You have to block and copy.)Thanks, Peter.

http://www.geocities.com/rosenmusicdemo/Demo.mp3

**Sorry, Geocities temporarily shut this off because they have a file transfer limit. I\'ll have to find someplace else to post it.**

[This message has been edited by PeterMR (edited 03-27-2002).]

Re: Orchestral (sort of) demo

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PeterMR:
    I was wondering if some folks could offer constructive criticism about my first attempt at a demo.
    I know enough about music to get in trouble, but am just a beginner at mixing. The concept here was a theme with very wide variations. Just trying to do my best with limited knowledge and samples. (Sorry...the address is correct, but I can\'t get the link to work. You have to block and copy.)Thanks, Peter.

http://www.geocities.com/rosenmusicdemo/Demo.mp3

**Sorry, Geocities temporarily shut this off because they have a file transfer limit. I\'ll have to find someplace else to post it.**

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Peter,

I listened to your demo (I guess I just got lucky with Geocities ), and I think that you have succeeded in conveying a lot of musical styles in such a short space.

I like very much the way each musical style moves into the next keeping the same theme.

A question: What loops, if any, do you use for the percussive lines?

And just a suggestion: Maybe try to change a little bit the reverb, to make more justice to your demo. In some parts the sound spacing or the reverb settings seem a little bit off, but that might just be me.

Very nice, and for a first demo it\'s really impressive! You must have spent a lot of time working on it, and it shows

Take care

(I think Geocities limits me to 1 or 2 downloads an hour.)

The percussion was from Orchestral Flavours (Creative Essentials) and from a Kurzweil PC88MX soundbank.

The reverb seems off in what way? Too much?

Thanks for your help.

Originally posted by PeterMR:
    (I think Geocities limits me to 1 or 2 downloads an hour.)

The percussion was from Orchestral Flavours (Creative Essentials) and from a Kurzweil PC88MX soundbank.

The reverb seems off in what way? Too much?

Thanks for your help.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Peter,

I\'ll listen to it more careful and see if I can analize the source of my subjective feeling about the reverb-spacing.

Also, I\'m sure that most other people could offer better help to you than I can (I am a newbie with little talent , and I don\'t make a living with GigaStudio)
    So, if you want me to, I can post your demo in my webspace for 1 or 2 weeks (I get this free webspace with my internet service provider). Let me know if you want me to do that, it\'s no problem at all.

Take Care

Go Back to forum