• Register
  • Help

Topic: Steinway: Possible to mix perspectives?

Share/Bookmark

Steinway: Possible to mix perspectives?

Hi everybody,

does anybody know, if you can mix two or more perspectives of the Garritan Steinway for live playing without phasing problems?

Best,

Johannes

Re: Steinway: Possible to mix perspectives?

Hi Gary,
    I looked into the user's guide and it seems, that it is not intended to mix several perspectives. Is this right?
    Other competitors offer this feature (i.e. QL Piano). Will there be an update for your Authorized Steinway, which will hand this in later?

Best wishes,

Johannes

Re: Steinway: Possible to mix perspectives?

Quote Originally Posted by Johannes View Post
    Hi everybody,

does anybody know, if you can mix two or more perspectives of the Garritan Steinway for live playing without phasing problems?

Best,

Johannes
    Johannes,

You cannot do this in standalone and load only one perspective at a time. The ARIA engine has real-time morphing capabilities so we could make it possible.

For a pure sound, I'm not sure of the benefits of blending between, say, a player perspective at the bench and in the audience close - that may lead to some strange effects. Blending positions is not just a matter of distance, but of orientation and acoustics as well.

This is why we chose five perspectives in this initial version - instead of just two of three. We have also recorded additional perspectives which we may release in the future.

In the meantime, those who want to experiment can mix two or more perspectives of the Steinway by putting two instances in your sequencer and using a different perspective on each and blending between the two.

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum