• Register
  • Help

Topic: Charlton Heston

Share/Bookmark

Charlton Heston

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Great actor. When I was very young - absolutely loved watching Charlton Heston.

Remember going to the cinema when I was about 10 to see Ben Hur. Fantastic film. Makes Gladiator look like a poor B movie.

El Cid - and riding out down the beach strapped to a horse when the organ chord strikes up. Fantastic.

Brilliant performance in Touch of Evil and great in The Big Country, giving it the edge it needed.

Wonderful actor and you'll never see the like again.

Re: Charlton Heston

Never could get on with his politics though - particularly his passionate defence of the "right" of everybody to own the means to slaughter everybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch that hurts View Post
    "right" of everybody to own the means to slaughter everybody else.
    Tell me something... Why is it that in cities with the most restrictive gun laws (New York City, Washington DC, Detroit, etc.) people are slaughtering each other, but places such as Vermont, which is right next to New York, and other places (even populated places) that have the LEAST amount of gun laws, people AREN'T slaughtering each other? Hell, in Vermont, even out of state people can carry concealed weapons without a license. It just doesn't make sense to you does it?
    Maybe you should know your facts instead of just having an emotional response to a tool or a piece of metal.
    Gun laws were originally put in place to disarm blacks. Are you racist or do you just want to disarm victims?
    "They get what they vote for." PaulR

Oh - I liked Charlton Heston's politics. I wonder how many people did Charlton Heston shoot during his distinguished lifetime of acting? Not enough, by the sound of it.

No - I was merely celebrating the life of an actor I know to be great.

There are many actors and musicians that have personal politics that I may or may not care for - but I never let that get in the way of appreciation for how good they are at what they do.

The one's that piss me off are usually second rate and never waste any time in using their luck in pushing what is usually a spurious load of crap at unsuspecting audiences. God awful musicians are mainly the worst offenders.

I just recall Charlton Heston as definitely not falling into that category when he was acting. Great loss.

I am going to lobby the council to have a life size Statue of Liberty to be sunk into the beach round the cliffs here, so that only half of it is showing - in memory of Charlton Heston.

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
    Tell me something... Why is it that in cities with the most restrictive gun laws (New York City, Washington DC, Detroit, etc.) people are slaughtering each other, but places such as Vermont, which is right next to New York, and other places (even populated places) that have the LEAST amount of gun laws, people AREN'T slaughtering each other?
    Poverty.

And yeah, Heston had some classic roles. Ben Hur and Touch of Evil are tops. But it's his role in Planet of the Apes that is the most lasting image for me.

"Take your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape!"

Taylor Heston couldn't prevent his fellow gorillas from invading the Forbidden Zone...

Go Back to forum